Deleting HL2 demo files

After upgrading to HL2 silver the "Half-Life 2 demo" disappears from
my games menu, but is the CGF files also deleted? If not, what files
contain the Half-Life 2 demo, and can they be safly deleted, or...

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

Lars-Erik Østerud wrote:
> After upgrading to HL2 silver the "Half-Life 2 demo" disappears from
> my games menu, but is the CGF files also deleted? If not, what files
> contain the Half-Life 2 demo, and can they be safly deleted, or...

When you delete the demo, make sure you use the button which says
"remove local game content" this is the safest and most efficient way to
remove all the files related to HL2 demo.

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

Ben Cottrell skrev:

> When you delete the demo, make sure you use the button which says
> "remove local game content" this is the safest and most efficient way to
> remove all the files related to HL2 demo.

But it disappeared by itself when buying Half-Life 2, how do I make
sure all files are removed? It's not easy telling what files belong to
what game. And the files are HUGE (unneeded huge files must go :)

--

Lars-Erik Østerud wrote:
> Ben Cottrell skrev:
>

>>When you delete the demo, make sure you use the button which says
>>"remove local game content" this is the safest and most efficient way to
>>remove all the files related to HL2 demo.
>

> But it disappeared by itself when buying Half-Life 2, how do I make
> sure all files are removed? It's not easy telling what files belong to
> what game. And the files are HUGE (unneeded huge files must go :)

ah I see. In which case, the only GCF file that I'm aware of is the
"half-life 2 demo.GCF". the rest will be related to the source engine
or HL2 full game

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench