How to force XP's IIS 5.1 only listren 192.168.0.1 only?

Hi all,

I want to ask a IIS security question, since my PC is online to internet
.... yes, I have NIS 2005 installed on my PC, but as my previous
experience, NIS 2005 sometime will can't block the attack from the internet.

And I am just using the IIS + PHP for development the web site and test
under local, later upload by FTP to the remote server, so I am not want
to let my PC from a local server to be a public server on internet. I
want to ask, do anyone know a way that can let IIS under WinXP just only
accept local connect for test web site, IP address like 192.168.0.1 or
any private IP, just not less the outside internet can connect to my IIS
server, and I don't want to setting this in NIS 2005.

And the other question is, after install NIS 2005, when IIS started, I
heard other told me that NIS 2005 will pop-up and show a windows ask me
do I let it listren a port ... or like this. But what is the file or
service name that IIS will using? Else if I don't know which file the
IIS need to be work properly, or if I choose a wrong rule for IIS, NIS
2005 will block all it service, and my web test server will not work
properly....

Thx for all to read my messeng, and I am sorry of my poor english

Jimmy Chan

http://www.wusogorphoto.net
A great photography web site :)

Change the server properties so that it listens only on the internal address,
not on [all unassigned].

The name of the IIS process is INETINFO.EXE.

Steve Riley
steriley@microsoft.com