Help ...same problem as patti's

viki

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2004

For Natex , Patti and anybody else who can help ...I am getting exactly the
same issue as Patti ...my Windows Firewall is not coming on and whenI try to
start it Iget the Error 10047 message. I think this problem is related in
some way to the fact that i have downloaded the Microsoft Antispyware beta
version this morning and since then this problem is occouring. Patti , did
you also download this anitspyware ? Can someone plse assist ?

Malke

Viki wrote:

> For Natex , Patti and anybody else who can help ...I am getting
> exactly the same issue as Patti ...my Windows Firewall is not coming
> on and whenI try to start it Iget the Error 10047 message. I think
> this problem is related in some way to the fact that i have downloaded
> the Microsoft Antispyware beta version this morning and since then
> this problem is occouring. Patti , did you also download this
> anitspyware ? Can someone plse assist ?

What happens when you uninstall the beta software? You should report any
problems, ask for help, etc. in the special newsgroups set up for
anything related to the beta software:

From MVP Robear:

"At this time, support for the beta version of Microsoft Windows
AntiSpyware is being provided through the following Microsoft
newsgroups:

- microsoft.private.security.spyware.announcements
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.appcompat
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.general
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.install
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.networking
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures
- microsoft.private.security.spyware.onlinecommunity
These newsgroups can be accessed via NNTP or HTTP.

To access these newsgroups using HTTP, please go to the following
location:

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

To access these newsgroups using NNTP, please use the following
information for your NNTP client (such as Microsoft Outlook Express):

- NNTP Server: privatenews.microsoft.com
- Account name: privatenews\spyware
- Password: spyware

NOTE: No password will be required via the HTTP link"

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

This hint from the spyware newsgroup did the trick in my case.
Simple.
All systems up and running.

From: microsoft.private.security.spyware.onlinecommunity

Subject: Re: Firewall