Closed

Alternative way to access network logon without Ctrl+Alt+Del

A friend asked me a question about logging onto XP. He says there is an
alternative way to bring the network logon prompt without using Ctrl+Alt+Del.
He says you can do it with one hand, whatever that means. Anyone knows what
he's talking about? My answer was that you can disable the Ctrl+Alt+Del
requirement in User Accounts in Control Panel but I think he wants to know of
an alternative way instead of Ctrl+Alt+Del. Any ideas?
4 answers Last reply
More about alternative access network logon ctrl

    yes, control+esc...or how about the good ole windows logo button which would
    bring you to log-in.off..................change user?

    "trukudan" wrote:

    > A friend asked me a question about logging onto XP. He says there is an
    > alternative way to bring the network logon prompt without using Ctrl+Alt+Del.
    > He says you can do it with one hand, whatever that means. Anyone knows what
    > he's talking about? My answer was that you can disable the Ctrl+Alt+Del
    > requirement in User Accounts in Control Panel but I think he wants to know of
    > an alternative way instead of Ctrl+Alt+Del. Any ideas?

    Thanks but what I meant was to bring up the logon prompt from the Welcome To
    Windows Logon screen as opposed to being logged on already. I don't think it
    can be done but I could be wrong.

    "trukudan" <trukudan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >A friend asked me a question about logging onto XP. He says there is an
    > alternative way to bring the network logon prompt without using
    > Ctrl+Alt+Del.
    > He says you can do it with one hand, whatever that means. Anyone knows
    > what
    > he's talking about? My answer was that you can disable the Ctrl+Alt+Del
    > requirement in User Accounts in Control Panel but I think he wants to know
    > of
    > an alternative way instead of Ctrl+Alt+Del. Any ideas?

    Most people hit the left ctrl-alt keys with the left hand and hit the delete
    with the right hand. However, you can hit the right ctrl-alt keys along with
    the delete key, all with the right hand. If somebody does it quickly enough,
    you can't tell what keys they're hitting and they tell you its some "secret"
    combination.

    Thanks again but your response was the exact response I gave to my friend. I
    use my right hand also. My friend's response was that it was the easy way.
    Easy way?? Only way, if you ask me!

    "D.Currie" wrote:

    > "trukudan" <trukudan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >A friend asked me a question about logging onto XP. He says there is an
    > > alternative way to bring the network logon prompt without using
    > > Ctrl+Alt+Del.
    > > He says you can do it with one hand, whatever that means. Anyone knows
    > > what
    > > he's talking about? My answer was that you can disable the Ctrl+Alt+Del
    > > requirement in User Accounts in Control Panel but I think he wants to know
    > > of
    > > an alternative way instead of Ctrl+Alt+Del. Any ideas?
    >
    > Most people hit the left ctrl-alt keys with the left hand and hit the delete
    > with the right hand. However, you can hit the right ctrl-alt keys along with
    > the delete key, all with the right hand. If somebody does it quickly enough,
    > you can't tell what keys they're hitting and they tell you its some "secret"
    > combination.

Microsoft Windows XP