Capture driver not listed in Registry

am having trouble with the capture driver in Win xp using an ATI All in
Wonder 9600. I keep getting the error message "Capture driver not listed in
Registry" when I run PCcheck.

I have installed and reinstalled several times, downloaded the latest
releases from ati. Now I think it is just time to manually enter the line in
the registry.

Question: what line and under what key do I enter?

Question: Just in case I haven't downloaded the correct file what is the
exact file name of the download for the capture driver ?

I went thru all the steps given on the website to resolve the problem, but
didn't resolve the problem.

Thanks in advance for the help.

KY
1 answer Last reply
More about capture driver listed registry

    On Sun, 9 May 2004 14:33:31 -0400, "KY" <kyhighland@adelphia.net>
    wrote:

    >am having trouble with the capture driver in Win xp using an ATI All in
    >Wonder 9600. I keep getting the error message "Capture driver not listed in
    >Registry" when I run PCcheck.
    >
    >I have installed and reinstalled several times, downloaded the latest
    >releases from ati. Now I think it is just time to manually enter the line in
    >the registry.
    >
    >Question: what line and under what key do I enter?
    >
    >Question: Just in case I haven't downloaded the correct file what is the
    >exact file name of the download for the capture driver ?
    >
    >I went thru all the steps given on the website to resolve the problem, but
    >didn't resolve the problem.
    >
    >Thanks in advance for the help.
    >
    >KY

    If that's Ati's configuration app for MMC you're talking about, KY,
    don't bother. Your capture driver installation is probably fine,
    unless you've messed it up with repeated installations. Look in
    Device Manager for the capture devices with View > Show hidden devices
    on, and see whether there's any multiple instances of capture devices.

    The Ati configuration app is well known for misreporting capture
    driver installation, among other things. It also frequently
    misreports DMA not being enabled on drives, DirectX not being
    installed, and even MMX not being enabled on higher end CPUs. It's
    worse than an NVidia fanboy! ;-)

    patrickp

Radeon Registry ATI Graphics