Sign in with
Your question

black and white install problem

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 12, 2004 11:04:25 PM

Tried to install Black&White on my PC, but the game doesn't even load. Uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times with no luck. I can install other games and they play fine. Have all the latest driver updates. DirectX version 9.0.

1024MB (2X512) Geil Ultra DDR400 memory
Hitachi Deskstar 80GB Serial ATA Hard Drive 7200 RPM,8MB Buffer, 8.5 Seek Time.
Lite-On CDROM/CDR/CDRW 52X32X52
Intergrated Sound
Chieftec Infinity Case
PowerUp 400 Watt Power Supply
Samsung SyncMaster 17" Flat Screen
Windows XP Home Edition

More about : black white install problem

January 15, 2004 9:04:08 AM

is it retail or copy?

dont kill me for sounding patronising but if it installs did u try patching it before u attempt to run it?

also when u say doesnt load, B&W has a part when loading where the screen goes black for about 30secs and it looks like its crashed.. this isnt yur prob is it?

finally... B&W is a useless game that was hyped to the moon and back. personally I think your lucky not to be put through the hell of hearing this constantly "we need more food" i almost threw the pc out the window and any other player of B&W prollyy knows what I mean.

"I'm the dog from the advert. Would you like to stroke my coat?"
January 15, 2004 6:42:19 PM

well it couldn't have been as bad as dungeon siege. I think they should issue an offical warning against that game. (and I'm going to kick the person that gave me the game in the balls for it)

A complete waste of my time, and I was inbetween school and a job and was bored stiff, yet I still found it a waste of my time. I kept on playing hoping for it to improve.... THAT WAS STUPID!

If all else fails: Read The Manual
Related resources
January 15, 2004 11:19:21 PM

Oh common.. it was fun for a while.

that constant wipser of *death* was eerie.
January 16, 2004 11:15:42 PM

it is retail and yes i did try the patch and it did not work im sorry to say.
!