HL2 runs 40% on a X800

hg

"JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:M5Wnc.8236$UQ.450295@attbi_s51...
> http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=6641
>
> Gabe is quoted as saying that HL2 runs 40% faster on the X800 then the
6800.
> Very interesting. JLC

Logical then as HL2 is an ATI endorsed/sponsered game. I hope it's not the
other way around for Doom 3 as D3 is a 'The way it's meant to be played with
Nvidia" game. Of the two I'd rather play Doom then HL so it might be tricky
being a Radeon owner.
On the other hand I'm not sure what can surpass Far Cry now that I've played
that.

hg left a note on my windscreen which said:

> Logical then as HL2 is an ATI endorsed/sponsered game. I hope it's not the
> other way around for Doom 3 as D3 is a 'The way it's meant to be played with
> Nvidia" game. Of the two I'd rather play Doom then HL so it might be tricky
> being a Radeon owner.
> On the other hand I'm not sure what can surpass Far Cry now that I've played
> that.

I'm looking forward to HL2 more than D3 but I reckon D3 engine based
games will be more commonplace than HL2 based.

Going to be very interested in real HL2 and D3 benches.
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]

Stoneskin wrote:
> I'm looking forward to HL2 more than D3 but I reckon D3 engine based
> games will be more commonplace than HL2 based.

Considering the screens that id are drip feeding us appear to have the same
models in the same settings, only in different poses, I'm salivating for
HL2 far more - particularly after seeing last year's E3 footage in highres
splendour.

G.
--
Gareth Edwards ¦ SPOnG.com ¦ Your source for video
| | games news, compos,
gareth©spong.com | The Internet Computer & | product and industry
¦ Video Games Database ¦ info, past and present

Andrew

On Tue, 11 May 2004 11:47:37 +0100, "hg" <hgfh@hfhf.htdgh> wrote:

>Logical then as HL2 is an ATI endorsed/sponsered game. I hope it's not the
>other way around for Doom 3 as D3 is a 'The way it's meant to be played with
>Nvidia" game.

All "The way it's meant to be played with Nvidia" games I have seen
have worked better on ATI.

Stoneskin wrote:

> I'm looking forward to HL2 more than D3 but I reckon D3 engine based
> games will be more commonplace than HL2 based.
>
> Going to be very interested in real HL2 and D3 benches.

I'm more concerned about HL2 at the moment. Not because I'm really exited
about it. But because I'm really looking forward to Vampire: Masquerade BL,
and that will use the HL2 engine.

Anyone seen any technical specs for Thief(i.e. Thief 3)? I'm looking
forward to that, but I'm a bit worried that we'll get something that looks
approximately like Deus Ex 2.

--
Morgan.
----

Mail: Morgan.Sales@ntlworld.com
Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales

"Morgan Sales" <msalesDIESPAMMER@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Stoneskin wrote:
>
> > I'm looking forward to HL2 more than D3 but I reckon D3 engine based
> > games will be more commonplace than HL2 based.
> >
> > Going to be very interested in real HL2 and D3 benches.
>
> I'm more concerned about HL2 at the moment. Not because I'm really exited
> about it. But because I'm really looking forward to Vampire: Masquerade
BL,
> and that will use the HL2 engine.
>
> Anyone seen any technical specs for Thief(i.e. Thief 3)? I'm looking
> forward to that, but I'm a bit worried that we'll get something that looks
> approximately like Deus Ex 2.

Don't mind if it *looks* like DX2 - but I'll be sad if it's had the same
dumbing down applied to it :S

-Jerodequin- wrote:
> "Morgan Sales" <msalesDIESPAMMER@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

>> Anyone seen any technical specs for Thief(i.e. Thief 3)? I'm looking
>> forward to that, but I'm a bit worried that we'll get something that
>> looks approximately like Deus Ex 2.
>
> Don't mind if it *looks* like DX2 - but I'll be sad if it's had the
> same dumbing down applied to it :S

Well they've added a third person view which apparent is "good news for the
fans of the franchise" Or in proper English, a concession to the consol
market.

--
Morgan.
----