i Im not the head administrator?

I need to download some updates from sony...ive stored them in a
folder.....when i try to run them a pop up ask me to o.k. this action to
run.i do and then a blocker comes up and tells me i need administrative
authority............how do i take over this dubios title so i may have
controll over my new computor.please HELP
--
minooka

buford wrote:
> I need to download some updates from sony...ive stored them in a
> folder.....when i try to run them a pop up ask me to o.k. this action to
> run.i do and then a blocker comes up and tells me i need administrative
> authority............how do i take over this dubios title so i may have
> controll over my new computor.please HELP

Simply log in using the built-in Administrator account (which
cannot be deleted) and modify the desired account(s). By design, the
only way to log into the Administrator account of WinXP Home is to
reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at
the Welcome Screen will produce the standard login dialog box.

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Original Administrator Account Does Not Appear During Friendly Logon Method
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281992&Product=winxp

Enable Administrator account on Welcome Screen
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_admin_ok.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

--
Carey Frisch