XP Home File Permissions

My laptop is a Windows XP Home machine.

Every month, I make a backup of the files on my laptop to a DAT tape drive
on a Windows 2003 server. I am running the Microsoft backup program on the
server under the administrator account.

I get access denied errors for a number of files on my laptop (the vast
majority of the files backup fine).

I don't see any security options when I look at the file properties on my
home machine.

Does anyone have any ideas why I am having this problem and how I can fix
it?

Note: One type of file that consistently has this problem is the .log file
generated by Acrobat 4.0 Distiller when I create a pdf file on my laptop.

Thanks,
--
Mike Schumann
1 answer Last reply

    Have you received any answers as yet?

    I have found out that by default simple file sharing is allowed and can not
    be disabled in XP Home.

    I am waiting to hear back about an NT download that can can installed to
    override this, but haven't heard as yet.

    If you got a fix for the file permissions please let me know.

    "Mike Schumann" wrote:

    > My laptop is a Windows XP Home machine.
    >
    > Every month, I make a backup of the files on my laptop to a DAT tape drive
    > on a Windows 2003 server. I am running the Microsoft backup program on the
    > server under the administrator account.
    >
    > I get access denied errors for a number of files on my laptop (the vast
    > majority of the files backup fine).
    >
    > I don't see any security options when I look at the file properties on my
    > home machine.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas why I am having this problem and how I can fix
    > it?
    >
    > Note: One type of file that consistently has this problem is the .log file
    > generated by Acrobat 4.0 Distiller when I create a pdf file on my laptop.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Mike Schumann

Laptops Windows XP