"Peter Lykkegaard" <polonline@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:33flcbF3sh1q8U1@individual.net
> "Jay" wrote
>
>> Ok, it's not a new Citadel Tower ;)
>> But it's for sure the most strange glitch I've seen so far, it
>> erects from the ground vertically all the way up into the sky, have
>> a look:
>> http://webfolio.sunnylandbaja.com/temp/hl2dm_screenies/index.htm
> Perhaps a heat problem around the graphics card?
>
> - Peter

its a texture problem for sure. I had similar happen in Halo PC with
both a 9800 Pro and FX5900, and no, it wasn't hot in there! Scale back
texture quality.
McG.

jay

"> its a texture problem for sure."

But of who's fault? ATI or Valve?
I'm using a Radeon 9600 Pro-128ram, with latest drivers, on XPpro sp2
Funny Peter mentioned the heat, 'cause often I have to keep the case
open with a regular fan blasting on it, otherwise it surpasses 60C easily.

Jay

"Jay" <nospam_temp@webfolio.sunnylandbaja.com> wrote in message
> "> its a texture problem for sure."
>
> But of who's fault? ATI or Valve?
> I'm using a Radeon 9600 Pro-128ram, with latest drivers, on XPpro sp2
> Funny Peter mentioned the heat, 'cause often I have to keep the case
> open with a regular fan blasting on it, otherwise it surpasses 60C
> easily.
> Jay

snip

Does the 9600 Pro have temp settings page in the Cat Control panel? My
9800 Pro didn't have thermal control at all. Its core was R350.
McG.

jay

I don't recall have seen any temp settings. I don't have the regular
Catalyst drivers installed anyway. THis one is an optimized driver for
HL2, I guess you know about it.

Jay