user account

what steps do i need to take in order to become the admin. again on my
computer. i accidentally deleted myself and there is only a user with a
limited account. with this i am not able to download any programs in my
computer. i've tried going into safe mode and resetting the feature but
that has not worked . i need to know how to go back into my computer and
make myself the admin. again. or if i'm doing something wrong what exactly
do i need to do while i'm in safe mode to change this back?
1 answer Last reply
More about user account

    loudnuff wrote:

    > what steps do i need to take in order to become the admin. again on my
    > computer. i accidentally deleted myself and there is only a user with a
    > limited account. with this i am not able to download any programs in my
    > computer. i've tried going into safe mode and resetting the feature but
    > that has not worked . i need to know how to go back into my computer and
    > make myself the admin. again. or if i'm doing something wrong what exactly
    > do i need to do while i'm in safe mode to change this back?
    Hi

    If you haven't tried that already, you could try to log on with the
    original Administrator user and see if a blank password lets you in:

    How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
    Password Expires
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305

    If that doesn't work out, you might try to reset the local
    Administrator password with one of the methods mentioned here:

    http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password

    http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Safe Mode Computers Windows XP