Radeon Mobility 9600 question

Hi,

Just bought a new laptop with an Athlon 64 3400+ and a 128mb Radeon Mobility
9600 graphics card.

My question is, do I need to upgrade the graphics driver in the future - I
realise new drivers come out regularly, but I don't think they are designed
for the Mobility range. I've seen ordinary ATI drivers hacked to run on a
mobility but am not sure they are a good idea.

Whats the general opinion?

Current situation is that it runs everything with great ease, even FarCry
with everything turned on, so I am happy with the current drivers.

Cheers!

I'm using 3.2GHz HT Pentium4, with MobilityRadeon 9600 pro 128Mb.
Using latest Omega drivers is only a great experience! I've also used
Catalyst 4.3 with Mobility modding. Very good results.

You can do following:
- Use manufacturer provided drivers. Which are often too old. Give mobile
options. <GOOD>
- Use Omega drivers. Which install straight ahead, provide mobile options,
and overclocking. <BEST>
- Use catalyst unmodded. (manually install "Radeon 9600 series") No mobile
options, but WHQL certified. <OK>
- MODIFY catalyst drivers. Either manually edit, or use "Driver heaven mod
tool". Enables mobile features and easy install. Overclockable. <Better>

"Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message
> I'm using 3.2GHz HT Pentium4, with MobilityRadeon 9600 pro 128Mb.
> Using latest Omega drivers is only a great experience! I've also used
> Catalyst 4.3 with Mobility modding. Very good results.
>
> You can do following:
> - Use manufacturer provided drivers. Which are often too old. Give mobile
> options. <GOOD>
> - Use Omega drivers. Which install straight ahead, provide mobile options,
> and overclocking. <BEST>
> - Use catalyst unmodded. (manually install "Radeon 9600 series") No mobile
> options, but WHQL certified. <OK>
> - MODIFY catalyst drivers. Either manually edit, or use "Driver heaven mod
> tool". Enables mobile features and easy install. Overclockable. <Better>

Thanks for that - very useful.

I've always had nVidia before, so I'm a bit new to this ATI thing - I'll
give the Omega ones a try!