vahid

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2004

Hello;

Unfortunately after running of the new Microsoft Anti-spy ware (beta)
And running of that, my firewall doesn’t work anymore and I have to
Restore can you help.

Please don't mention to the Beta Version! I know that, but please pay
attention that you have a very nice advertisement about that !!!

Regards;
Vahid

testy

It is typical for MS to consider it's own software spyware!

Testy

"Vahid" <Vahid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello;
>
> Unfortunately after running of the new Microsoft Anti-spy ware (beta)
> And running of that, my firewall doesn't work anymore and I have to
> Restore can you help.
>
> Please don't mention to the Beta Version! I know that, but please pay
> attention that you have a very nice advertisement about that !!!
>
> Regards;
> Vahid

I experience exactly the same problem. I was also not expecting problems
with using a beta version because I knew the software microdoft bought very
good and so I didn't thought to get a "normal beta" but more or less an
approved software package.
I installed my new machine from the scratch (brand new harddisk) just last
week with a Windows XP home OEM version that already included SP2.

I downloaded AntiSpyware today.

Interestingly enough, after reboot, The firewall is displayed as running,
also when you have a look into the "security center". After half a minute I
get the message that there is a security issue and then the firewall is
indicated as "not running"

No chance to start it
- from the security center as well as from
- the system administration nor as a
- service under Administration/services (using a german version, the terms
might not be exactly the terms of the original OS version)
When I try to start is as a service, I get Error# 10047, "Es wurde eine
Adresse verwendet, die mit dem angeforderten Protokoll nicht kompatibel ist"
again german, means somethin like "It was an address used that is not
compatible with the requested protocol"

Any help welcome.

"Vahid" wrote:

> Hello;
>
> Unfortunately after running of the new Microsoft Anti-spy ware (beta)
> And running of that, my firewall doesn’t work anymore and I have to
> Restore can you help.
>
> Please don't mention to the Beta Version! I know that, but please pay
> attention that you have a very nice advertisement about that !!!
>
> Regards;
> Vahid

This hint from the spyware newsgroup did the trick in my case.
Simple.
All systems up and running.

From: microsoft.private.security.spyware.onlinecommunity

Subject: Re: Firewall
From: "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> Sent:
1/8/2005 10:03:59 PM

Please try this:

At a command prompt type:

netsh winsock reset

and hit enter
restart your computer.

I just ran the Anti-spyware (beta) and it found many many spys, I have run
other spyware and always loose my server. Is there a way to protect the
server because restore will just bring the spies back, Help ?

"friedrich" wrote:

> This hint from the spyware newsgroup did the trick in my case.
> Simple.
> All systems up and running.
>

> From: microsoft.private.security.spyware.onlinecommunity
>
> Subject: Re: Firewall
> From: "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> Sent:
> 1/8/2005 10:03:59 PM
>
> Please try this:
>
> At a command prompt type:
>
> netsh winsock reset
>
> and hit enter
> restart your computer.

I do have the same problem.....any help would be really appreciate.

- Vahid : have you find a cure ?

"Vahid" wrote:

> Hello;
>
> Unfortunately after running of the new Microsoft Anti-spy ware (beta)
> And running of that, my firewall doesn’t work anymore and I have to
> Restore can you help.
>
> Please don't mention to the Beta Version! I know that, but please pay
> attention that you have a very nice advertisement about that !!!
>
> Regards;
> Vahid

Andy

As many have said MS is self perpetuating, it looks after its own needs and
considers its only needs. If it builds some software that it can use
internally it will prob. release it and this then leads to many problems and
in this case (my case) lead to a hacker accessing some very important files
which i fortunately stopped in progress with the final re-instation of my ICS
Firewall, which took a restore of the computer by 2-days, one day didn't work
but 2 did.

Anyway MS is loosing all the credit it's had in the past because its finding
ways of letting people access your computer illegally, and viruses and worms
and the such like. anyway i can't say i won't stay with MS becuase i will but
if i find i'm hacked again they will find they've lost at least 10 valuable
customers from my family and about 100 from my business.