Gartner Says Current Chip Inventory is Way Too High

Status
Not open for further replies.

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Isn't there being a glut of inventory good for us as the consumer? I understand that if there is too much, it can indicate sales may be slowing but that can help drive prices down. ***That guy is one creepy looking sucker.....

G

the prices will definitely be going down this christmas season. hold on to your undies ladies and gents, black friday will surely pull them down! :D

I think you must not have seen the first post... the picture is Jimmy McMillan of the "The Rent Is Too Damn High Party". It should be obvious from the tittle why it was chosen for its tongue in cheek comedy. One of those things, if you have to explain it its not funny anymore.

azgard

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2002
[citation][nom]gokanis[/nom]Isn't there being a glut of inventory good for us as the consumer? I understand that if there is too much, it can indicate sales may be slowing but that can help drive prices down. ***That guy is one creepy looking sucker.....[/citation]

Good for consumer ≠ good for business. Usually this is always 'bad' as it forces companies to drop margin's lower meaning less profit.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]slabbo[/nom]the guy in the picture is referenced in the first post. where have you guys been?[/citation]
[citation][nom]slabbo[/nom]the guy in the picture is referenced in the first post. where have you guys been?[/citation]

I read the post, but I still don't get why Tomshardware put the picture there. I guess its funny to them... or maybe not.

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
When I read the title of the story I thought of the too damn high meme and giggled when I opened the story to see the picture. Tom's audience understands web culture which is why they put it there. You need to get in more :p

neon871

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
I seen that guy in the picture on TrueTV "The worldsDumbest partyers". He was one of the cast members not a partyer (all though he may be a partyer, just caught on film yet)I thought him to be a lil strange because of the gloves also. I think it is even stranger to see him on Tom's, who is he? Gerald Van Hoy?

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
You should expect CPU sales to go down. Low end CPUs are far past being the bottleneck for new systems (for the average user), so people are keeping their older ones instead of upgrading.

lucky015

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Looks to me like they are anticipating a return back to PC's as the primary device for most users, Which does appear to be happening, By now everyone has their tablet, Everyone has their Console, Everyone has an expensive phone which they are already upgrading every time a new one is released so major sales times don't really come into that.

There are a number of reasons why any company could be holding high stock currently and I'd say now is a good time to do it with the move towards Windows Tablets and back to PC's becoming increasingly imminent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS