xp professional user accounts - file security

I have just set up a limited access account on my pc (not networked).
However, when I open the user account I can access all the administrators
files via my computer.
Can I block access to files and restrict new user accounts only to the files
that they create?
Thanks in advance
3 answers Last reply
More about professional user accounts file security

    Hi,

    The security constraint would only work if you have formatted your
    Harddrive as "NTFS". Have you done that??

    Regards,
    Hardik Shah

    "xp newbie" wrote:

    > I have just set up a limited access account on my pc (not networked).
    > However, when I open the user account I can access all the administrators
    > files via my computer.
    > Can I block access to files and restrict new user accounts only to the files
    > that they create?
    > Thanks in advance

    Thanks for your reply. You have almost certainly answered my question. My PC
    came preconfigured. How can I tell if my hardrive was formatted NTFS.

    Many thanks

    "xp newbie" <xpnewbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks for your reply. You have almost certainly answered my question. My
    > PC
    > came preconfigured. How can I tell if my hardrive was formatted NTFS.
    >
    > Many thanks

    Go into "My Computer" or Windows Explorer. Right click on the icon for the
    C: drive (or whatever drive you are referring to) and choose Properties. It
    should show the File System as FAT32 or NTFS.

    --

    Note that its normal for administrators to be able to access other people's
    files... even files of other administrators. You can restrict this a bit by

Security User Accounts Windows XP