Registry entries for Group Policy / System Time

Barry

If someone could please help me. Im tring to figure out what entries are
changed in the registry. When changing the assignment rights on the change
system time (Local computer Policy\Computer configuration\Windows
Setting\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment\Change The
System Time). The 'users' that Im wanting to remove is the Administrators.
Please help... Thanks.

Barry wrote:

> If someone could please help me. Im tring to figure out what entries are
> changed in the registry. When changing the assignment rights on the change
> system time (Local computer Policy\Computer configuration\Windows
> Setting\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment\Change The
> System Time). The 'users' that Im wanting to remove is the Administrators.
> Please help... Thanks.
Hi

You can't do that with registry changes.

You should be able to change the privilege with the Win2k3 resource
kit command line tool ntrights.exe, like this

ntrights.exe -r SeSystemtimePrivilege -u SomeUserorGroupNameHere

Ntrights.exe in the free Win2k3 resource kit works
on Win2k and WinXP as well:

Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&DisplayLang=en

(The kit will install on WinXP or later, but you can copy Ntrights.exe
to a Win2k computer)

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Barry

Hey Torgeir,