Gemstar Guide Plus - Setting Up First Page... Problem

For a few days now when I start the guide it stops at
Setting Up First Page... I can see the emply listing in the back
and if I go to File -> Download it downloads everything but
the "Setting Up First Page..." window stays open.

I tried UnInstalling & Re-Install but I still have the same problem.

It's broken!

Any ideas???

SB

"Melted SnowBall" <lookin@you.kid> wrote in message

> For a few days now when I start the guide it stops at
> Setting Up First Page... I can see the emply listing in the back
> and if I go to File -> Download it downloads everything but
> the "Setting Up First Page..." window stays open.
>
> I tried UnInstalling & Re-Install but I still have the same problem.
>
> It's broken!
>
> Any ideas???
>
> SB

Have you tried the Guide Plus System Update Wizard? I had a similar problem
untill I updated. HTH

Louie
Gainesville, FL, USA

---

>"Melted SnowBall" <lookin@you.kid> wrote in message
>>
>> For a few days now when I start the guide it stops at
>> Setting Up First Page... I can see the emply listing in the back
>> and if I go to File -> Download it downloads everything but
>> the "Setting Up First Page..." window stays open.
>>
>> I tried UnInstalling & Re-Install but I still have the same problem.
>>
>> It's broken!
>>
>> Any ideas???
>>
>> SB
>
>Have you tried the Guide Plus System Update Wizard? I had a similar problem
>untill I updated. HTH
>
>Louie
>Gainesville, FL, USA
>

>---

Just tried it but nothing to download...
I guest i'm gonna have to call ATI.

SB

I now have the same symptoms. Has this ever had a solution?

On 5 Oct 2004 22:10:51 -0400 deeb5003 said :

>I now have the same symptoms. Has this ever had a solution?

My Wish is that they would update their setup. The line is not all that
I can get. There are things missing.

I would also prefer for it not to try and change channels just
because I want more information about a show.

In my situation all I have is channel '3'. So changing channels
in there is taboo....

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"