X800 and Zalman HeatPipe?

boe

Has anyone tried this combination yet? I'm going to need a new video card
within the next 2 weeks. I'm looking for a VERY quiet but fast solution. I
see Sapphire already carries the 9800 with the zalman but I was considering
getting a x800 instead. If you have already tried this combo, I would like
to know which exact card you used it on and if there were any installation
recommendations.

Thanks

"boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<%P8pc.93062$Ik.7123662@attbi_s53>...
> Has anyone tried this combination yet? I'm going to need a new video card
> within the next 2 weeks. I'm looking for a VERY quiet but fast solution. I
> see Sapphire already carries the 9800 with the zalman but I was considering
> getting a x800 instead. If you have already tried this combo, I would like
> to know which exact card you used it on and if there were any installation
> recommendations.
>
> Thanks

Zalman advices owners of 9800 Pro's and XT's to use the extra
fan...the X800 will have a power consumption around the 9800XT and
thus will get the same advice.

And yes it's highly advicable, but the Extra fan on 5v and... well...
you won't die over the sound it makes....

boe

Thanks for your advice. I was just informed that Zalman is making a new
dual pipe unit that might be a better fit. They showed it off at
Cebit -.ZM80D. So far no info on when it will be available.

"boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<PEopc.5382$gr.385356@attbi_s52>...
> Thanks for your advice. I was just informed that Zalman is making a new
> dual pipe unit that might be a better fit. They showed it off at
> Cebit -.ZM80D. So far no info on when it will be available.
>
> "Dark Avenger" <superxml@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Has anyone tried this combination yet? I'm going to need a new video
> card
> > > within the next 2 weeks. I'm looking for a VERY quiet but fast
> solution. I
> > > see Sapphire already carries the 9800 with the zalman but I was
> considering
> > > getting a x800 instead. If you have already tried this combo, I would
> like
> > > to know which exact card you used it on and if there were any
> installation
> > > recommendations.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > Zalman advices owners of 9800 Pro's and XT's to use the extra
> > fan...the X800 will have a power consumption around the 9800XT and
> > thus will get the same advice.
> >
> > And yes it's highly advicable, but the Extra fan on 5v and... well...
> > you won't die over the sound it makes....

Well, the ZM80H already is pretty fine. My 9800 Pro at stockspeeds
keeps a nice 35 Degrees Celsius while doing nothing and reaches around
60 while gaming...

And the heatsink takes about 10 minutes to warm up from a cold
boot....

Not bad... sure it can better... but for a reasonable silent
solution...