radeon 9600/9800 PCI?

Are they gonna do one? Have they and i cant find it anywhere? Am i buggered
for having pci?

cheers
larnio

"Alex Laugharne" <alexlaugharne@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<c84mej$37u$1@oyez.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk>...
> Are they gonna do one? Have they and i cant find it anywhere? Am i buggered
> for having pci?
>
> cheers
> larnio

You are buggered for having pci....the "highest" pci videocard I heard
of is the nvidia FX5200 ...

But wait

http://www.pricewatch.info/item/18115/

A 9200....

On Sat, 15 May 2004 10:04:17 +0100, "Alex Laugharne"
<alexlaugharne@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Are they gonna do one? Have they and i cant find it anywhere? Am i buggered
>for having pci?
>
>cheers
>larnio

If you're looking to spend this much on a card, Alex , isn't it worth
geting a mobo with an AGP slot? Videocard support is not the only
parameter that will be improved on a better board. ;-)

patrickp

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Alex Laugharne" <alexlaugharne@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Are they gonna do one? Have they and i cant find it anywhere? Am i
buggered
> for having pci?
>
> cheers
> larnio

Everyone is right. Don't go the PCI route with 3D. Upgrade your system to
a new board that has 8x AGP. The price/performance ratio on PCI is
horrible.

lee

why not wait around until PCI-Express is released? :D

On Sat, 15 May 2004 10:04:17 +0100, "Alex Laugharne"
<alexlaugharne@hotmail.com> wrote:

>:>Are they gonna do one? Have they and i cant find it anywhere? Am i buggered
>:>for having pci?
>:>
>:>cheers
>:>larnio
>:>

-----
Lee.

No they are not.

--
DaveW

"Alex Laugharne" <alexlaugharne@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Are they gonna do one? Have they and i cant find it anywhere? Am i
buggered
> for having pci?
>
> cheers
> larnio

On Sat, 15 May 2004 10:04:17 +0100, "Alex Laugharne"
<alexlaugharne@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Are they gonna do one? Have they and i cant find it anywhere? Am i buggered
>for having pci?

No... what would be the point? A 9800 with PCI would be no faster
than a 9200PCI.

Want performance, you need a computer with real abilities.

- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.