Access to folder password protect from previous Windows XP..

I reinstalled the xp professional on my computer and some folders that where
in a different partition of my HD are not accessible anymore (they were
proctected by on the previous installation). Is there anyway to change the
permission rights of these folders?
Thanks in advance,
--
mazza
2 answers Last reply

    Try the following:
    Start in secure mode with Network (F8)
    Login as Administrator (good chance the password is empty!)
    Now you can change the ownership of the files (and also clean out the old
    user accounts)

    Be careful.

    mazza wrote:

    > I reinstalled the xp professional on my computer and some folders that where
    > in a different partition of my HD are not accessible anymore (they were
    > proctected by on the previous installation). Is there anyway to change the
    > permission rights of these folders?
    > Thanks in advance,
    Hi

    See if taking ownership helps: