e400 - screen lock, is this possible?

April 20, 2004 3:43:05 AM

Hi,

I have a toshiba e400 running PPC 2003, i was just
wondering if there is anyway of locking the touch screen
so that whn i have the PDA in my pocket the screen isn't
accidently selecting things.

Thanks

Fletcher

More about : e400 screen lock

Anonymous
April 20, 2004 7:16:17 AM

In message <14f901c426a2$bc2279f0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Fletch"
<fletcher@swanvillage.com.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a toshiba e400 running PPC 2003, i was just
> wondering if there is anyway of locking the touch screen
> so that whn i have the PDA in my pocket the screen isn't
> accidently selecting things.

I presume this is when you want to have your Pocket PC not in stand by mode
(pressing the power button) since you want to listen to music. Go to Windows
Media Player on your Pocket PC. Go to Tools | Settings | Buttons, select
function, Screen Toggle and map this to a button. Next time, press the button
when you are in Windows Media Player, and you'll have "locked" the screen.

--
Marlof Bregonje
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices [http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile ]

"Fletch" <fletcher@swanvillage.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a toshiba e400 running PPC 2003, i was just
> wondering if there is anyway of locking the touch screen
> so that whn i have the PDA in my pocket the screen isn't
> accidently selecting things.
>
> Thanks
>
> Fletcher

Can I ask why you have it switched on when in your pocket in the first
place? Or is it that you don't want the machine to switch on at all, rather
than just stop things getting selected?