4.5's any good?

Dont normally change drivers for the sake of it but posters on the Ubi-soft
forums are reporting better performance in Far Cry. Anyone here have any
comment on the drivers? Good, bad, indifferent? Better to wait for the
Omega's? Havent seen any 'ATI drivers killed my PC' posts so I am tempted

Cheers, Shaun.
7 answers Last reply
More about good

    4.5 works fine for me.
    Windows XP home, ATI 9600 PRO AIW
    Command & Conquer Zero Hour works great

    On Sun, 16 May 2004 00:06:23 GMT, "Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    > 4.5 works fine for me.
    >Windows XP home, ATI 9600 PRO AIW
    >Command & Conquer Zero Hour works great
    >
    >"Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
    >> Dont normally change drivers for the sake of it but posters on the
    >Ubi-soft
    >> forums are reporting better performance in Far Cry. Anyone here have any
    >> comment on the drivers? Good, bad, indifferent? Better to wait for the
    >> Omega's? Havent seen any 'ATI drivers killed my PC' posts so I am tempted
    >>
    >> Cheers, Shaun.

    I think cat 4.5 give better image quality in farcry with my 9800pro,
    but in other hand it reduce a little bit the frame rate but notthing
    to worry about.

    "Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > 4.5 works fine for me.
    > Windows XP home, ATI 9600 PRO AIW
    > Command & Conquer Zero Hour works great

    My computer, for whatever reason, runs very slowly with Generals or Zero
    Hour if I'm on a larger map like Twilight Flame. This problem does not
    exist with any other game, so I wonder if my game install discs are
    bunged somehow. This slowing down problem with Generals and Zero Hour
    has existed for me for as long as I can remember. I played a few
    skirmish games yesterday and today on the smaller maps and all was fine,
    even with 3 computer AI opponents.

    I haven't tried too many other games with the 4.5's yet...Delta Force 2
    seems good with them so far, as does Diablo 2 - Lord of Destruction. I
    look forward to trying out these new drivers with some newer games.

    Crashes Farcry so its GONE NOW,back to 4.3 :)

    On Sat, 15 May 2004 23:06:15 +0100, "Shawk"
    <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:

    >Dont normally change drivers for the sake of it but posters on the Ubi-soft
    >forums are reporting better performance in Far Cry. Anyone here have any
    >comment on the drivers? Good, bad, indifferent? Better to wait for the
    >Omega's? Havent seen any 'ATI drivers killed my PC' posts so I am tempted
    >
    >Cheers, Shaun.

    I've been running 4.4s with good performance, and have switched to 4.5s and
    still get good performance in FarCry. I hadnt realised there was supposed
    to be an performance gain though. I'm about to give it a go now though and
    will report back if I see that gain.

    CrimsonLiar

    "We Live For The One We Die For The One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
    message news:cq7da09e572mkuukt1sifocev832qffg8r@4ax.com...

    > Crashes Farcry so its GONE NOW,back to 4.3 :)
    >

    > On Sat, 15 May 2004 23:06:15 +0100, "Shawk"
    > <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:
    >
    > >Dont normally change drivers for the sake of it but posters on the
    Ubi-soft
    > >forums are reporting better performance in Far Cry. Anyone here have any
    > >comment on the drivers? Good, bad, indifferent? Better to wait for the
    > >Omega's? Havent seen any 'ATI drivers killed my PC' posts so I am
    tempted

    > >Cheers, Shaun.

    Thnx for the opinions all, Shaun

    Ok I've run my tests... Its very hard the particular game environments in
    FarCry vary so much, I'd have to say that any change in performance is on
    my 9800XT & AMD XP3200+/400 allmost unnoticable.

    CrimsonLiar

    "CrimsonLiar" <trash@trash.com> wrote in message
    > I've been running 4.4s with good performance, and have switched to 4.5s
    and
    > still get good performance in FarCry. I hadnt realised there was supposed
    > to be an performance gain though. I'm about to give it a go now though
    and
    > will report back if I see that gain.
    >
    > CrimsonLiar

Radeon Performance Drivers ATI Graphics