4.5's any good?

shawk

Dont normally change drivers for the sake of it but posters on the Ubi-soft
forums are reporting better performance in Far Cry. Anyone here have any
comment on the drivers? Good, bad, indifferent? Better to wait for the
Omega's? Havent seen any 'ATI drivers killed my PC' posts so I am tempted

Cheers, Shaun.

4.5 works fine for me.
Windows XP home, ATI 9600 PRO AIW
Command & Conquer Zero Hour works great

news:1084658764.50105.0@a lovely person.uk.clara.net...

On Sun, 16 May 2004 00:06:23 GMT, "Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net>
wrote:

> 4.5 works fine for me.
>Windows XP home, ATI 9600 PRO AIW
>Command & Conquer Zero Hour works great
>
>"Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
>news:1084658764.50105.0@a lovely person.uk.clara.net...
>> Dont normally change drivers for the sake of it but posters on the
>Ubi-soft
>> forums are reporting better performance in Far Cry. Anyone here have any
>> comment on the drivers? Good, bad, indifferent? Better to wait for the
>> Omega's? Havent seen any 'ATI drivers killed my PC' posts so I am tempted
>>
>> Cheers, Shaun.

I think cat 4.5 give better image quality in farcry with my 9800pro,
but in other hand it reduce a little bit the frame rate but notthing
to worry about.

"Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message
> 4.5 works fine for me.
> Windows XP home, ATI 9600 PRO AIW
> Command & Conquer Zero Hour works great

My computer, for whatever reason, runs very slowly with Generals or Zero
Hour if I'm on a larger map like Twilight Flame. This problem does not
exist with any other game, so I wonder if my game install discs are
bunged somehow. This slowing down problem with Generals and Zero Hour
has existed for me for as long as I can remember. I played a few
skirmish games yesterday and today on the smaller maps and all was fine,
even with 3 computer AI opponents.

I haven't tried too many other games with the 4.5's yet...Delta Force 2
seems good with them so far, as does Diablo 2 - Lord of Destruction. I
look forward to trying out these new drivers with some newer games.

Crashes Farcry so its GONE NOW,back to 4.3 :)

On Sat, 15 May 2004 23:06:15 +0100, "Shawk"
<shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:

>Dont normally change drivers for the sake of it but posters on the Ubi-soft
>forums are reporting better performance in Far Cry. Anyone here have any
>comment on the drivers? Good, bad, indifferent? Better to wait for the
>Omega's? Havent seen any 'ATI drivers killed my PC' posts so I am tempted
>
>Cheers, Shaun.

I've been running 4.4s with good performance, and have switched to 4.5s and
still get good performance in FarCry. I hadnt realised there was supposed
to be an performance gain though. I'm about to give it a go now though and
will report back if I see that gain.

CrimsonLiar

"We Live For The One We Die For The One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
message news:cq7da09e572mkuukt1sifocev832qffg8r@4ax.com...

> Crashes Farcry so its GONE NOW,back to 4.3 :)
>

> On Sat, 15 May 2004 23:06:15 +0100, "Shawk"
> <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:
>
> >Dont normally change drivers for the sake of it but posters on the
Ubi-soft
> >forums are reporting better performance in Far Cry. Anyone here have any
> >comment on the drivers? Good, bad, indifferent? Better to wait for the
> >Omega's? Havent seen any 'ATI drivers killed my PC' posts so I am
tempted

> >Cheers, Shaun.

Ok I've run my tests... Its very hard the particular game environments in
FarCry vary so much, I'd have to say that any change in performance is on
my 9800XT & AMD XP3200+/400 allmost unnoticable.

CrimsonLiar