FIREWALL DISCONECTS MY SERVICE

With the new XP2 upgrade I can not stay on line more than 5 minutes with out
getting bumped. If I turn the firewall off I am good. Do I need it on? Yes I
am one of the 5% that still use the old crank style (dial up). Also every
time the upgrades coem through it turns off my Norton ANTI -VIRUS.
I called MS and they said my drivers werent up to date bt theyare acording
to the manufacturer.
Please help its driving me nuts and I am afraid to put any info over the
compuet to pay bills.
Thanks
Sassy
2 answers Last reply
More about firewall disconects service

    STOP using the Windows firewall. Go to www.zonelabs.com and download the
    free version of ZoneAlarm. You will be better protected.

    > STOP using the Windows firewall. Go to www.zonelabs.com and download the
    > free version of ZoneAlarm. You will be better protected.

    I'd LOVE to stop using it - I have a firewall built-in to my Linksys router.
    But I can't seem to turn the damn thing off! I turn it off and tell the
    stupid Security Center to stopp notifying me. Great 'til next time I reboot,
    then it's all back again. Any ideas?

    > "sassy" <sassy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > With the new XP2 upgrade I can not stay on line more than 5 minutes with
    > > out
    > > getting bumped. If I turn the firewall off I am good. Do I need it on?
    > > Yes I
    > > am one of the 5% that still use the old crank style (dial up). Also
    every
    > > time the upgrades coem through it turns off my Norton ANTI -VIRUS.
    > > I called MS and they said my drivers werent up to date bt theyare
    acording
    > > to the manufacturer.
    > > Please help its driving me nuts and I am afraid to put any info over the
    > > compuet to pay bills.
    > > Thanks
    > > Sassy

Firewalls Windows XP