FIREWALL DISCONECTS MY SERVICE

sassy

Distinguished
May 8, 2004

With the new XP2 upgrade I can not stay on line more than 5 minutes with out
getting bumped. If I turn the firewall off I am good. Do I need it on? Yes I
am one of the 5% that still use the old crank style (dial up). Also every
time the upgrades coem through it turns off my Norton ANTI -VIRUS.
I called MS and they said my drivers werent up to date bt theyare acording
to the manufacturer.
Please help its driving me nuts and I am afraid to put any info over the
compuet to pay bills.
Thanks
Sassy

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

STOP using the Windows firewall. Go to www.zonelabs.com and download the
free version of ZoneAlarm. You will be better protected.

> STOP using the Windows firewall. Go to www.zonelabs.com and download the
> free version of ZoneAlarm. You will be better protected.

I'd LOVE to stop using it - I have a firewall built-in to my Linksys router.
But I can't seem to turn the damn thing off! I turn it off and tell the
stupid Security Center to stopp notifying me. Great 'til next time I reboot,
then it's all back again. Any ideas?