Wireless connection is set up, but WE isn't working on cli..

Alright, I'm using a Linksys Wireless-G router on a desktop computer and a Wireless-B card for a nearby laptop. I've went through setting up both sides and in the notebook system tray it says that my connection to the chosen network has a good signal. However, with that said and done, I cannot access any sites on Internet Explorer.. none at all. Is there something I overlooked, or any settings I need to adjust for the wireless network to actually work? I appreciate any help, much thanks in advance!

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Make sure your router is set in mixed mode, mac filtering is disabled or mac addresses are correct if enabled. Also check your WEP keys if WEP is enabled. You can receive the network available and signal stength message but not be able to use the network if everything is not configured correctly.

Alright, I'm using a Linksys Wireless-G router on a desktop computer and a Wireless-B card for a nearby laptop. I've went through setting up both sides and in the notebook system tray it says that my connection to the chosen network has a good signal. However, with that said and done, I cannot access any sites on Internet Explorer.. none at all. Is there something I overlooked, or any settings I need to adjust for the wireless network to actually work? I appreciate any help, much thanks in advance!

Hi,

Can you ping the router?
Can you ping the internet address like 66.102.11.99?

--
Best Regards,
Sebastjan Kocelj, MCSA