Black screen with ATi Radeon 9600

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I'm experiencing the Screen Goes Black Situation with my 3DConnect ATi
Radeon 9600 128Mb card.
It happens in conjunction with the following:

-when playing games
-when starting/exiting NetMeeting
-when exiting PCMark 2004/3DMark 2003

Any reasons? Please help.

My system:

Asus P4C800 Deluxe Motherboard
2Gb PC2700 Memory (4x512Mb)
Intel 2.60 HT at 800Mhz FSB
SATA RAID 0 (2 x Seagate)
Win XP Pro SP1

Rick

Make sure your monitor is using correct refresh rate?

"Rick" <NOSPAMusenet555@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm experiencing the Screen Goes Black Situation with my 3DConnect ATi
> Radeon 9600 128Mb card.
> It happens in conjunction with the following:
>
> -when playing games
> -when starting/exiting NetMeeting
> -when exiting PCMark 2004/3DMark 2003
>

> Any reasons? Please help.
>
> My system:
>
> Asus P4C800 Deluxe Motherboard
> 2Gb PC2700 Memory (4x512Mb)
> Intel 2.60 HT at 800Mhz FSB
> SATA RAID 0 (2 x Seagate)
> Win XP Pro SP1
>
> Rick

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

The monitor is a 17' CTX p722 DVI at 60Hz. Is it OK?