changing the name in C:documents and settings folder

Equipment:

Dell Dimension 4500
Windows XP Home Edition

Problem:

I want to change the name that shows up in the C:\documents and
settings folder. it is the name that shows up as the pathway to every
file. (C:\Documents and Settings\"NAME"\My Documents, etc.) how do i do
that?

--
juptonrowley

juptonrowley wrote:
> Equipment:
>
> Dell Dimension 4500
> Windows XP Home Edition
>
> Problem:
>
> I want to change the name that shows up in the C:\documents and
> settings folder. it is the name that shows up as the pathway to every
> file. (C:\Documents and Settings\"NAME"\My Documents, etc.) how do i
> do that?

It's tied to your login/username. You could create a new user account with
admin rights that is named what you wish, log in with it, and copy any data
you need from the other/old folder. Or, easier still, leave it be. :)

juptonrowley wrote:
> Equipment:
>
> Dell Dimension 4500
> Windows XP Home Edition
>
> Problem:
>
> I want to change the name that shows up in the C:\documents and
> settings folder. it is the name that shows up as the pathway to every
> file. (C:\Documents and Settings\"NAME"\My Documents, etc.) how do i do
> that?

Because the user profile folders (C:\Documents and
Settings\Username)_cannot_ be renamed, even if the associated user
account has been, your best course of action would be to log on using
the built-in Administrator account, create a new user account, with the
username desired. You can then delete the old user account(s).

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH