Tailoring the WinXP Desktop Using Policy Editor

Is there a way to control client XP desktops via a default domain GPO? I
need the ability to do more than "lock the desktop", or "hide all
desktop icons". I would like to specify which icons are present on the
desktop regardless of user login.

--
circuspeanut

circuspeanut wrote:

> Is there a way to control client XP desktops via a default domain GPO? I
> need the ability to do more than "lock the desktop", or "hide all
> desktop icons". I would like to specify which icons are present on the
> desktop regardless of user login.
Hi

There is no GPO setting that supports this. But you could of course
let e.g. a logon script remove/add icons as you see fit.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: