Tailoring the WinXP Desktop Using Policy Editor

Is there a way to control client XP desktops via a default domain GPO? I
need the ability to do more than "lock the desktop", or "hide all
desktop icons". I would like to specify which icons are present on the
desktop regardless of user login.

--
circuspeanut
1 answer Last reply

    circuspeanut wrote:

    > Is there a way to control client XP desktops via a default domain GPO? I
    > need the ability to do more than "lock the desktop", or "hide all
    > desktop icons". I would like to specify which icons are present on the
    > desktop regardless of user login.
    Hi

    There is no GPO setting that supports this. But you could of course
    let e.g. a logon script remove/add icons as you see fit.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Policy Desktops Windows XP