turned over buggy

how do i upright the buggy with all the ant lions around???

--
WebMaster Mike (USN Retired)

"Retired Mike" <framyr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> how do i upright the buggy with all the ant lions around???

You have to go back and get your airboat.

"Retired Mike" <framyr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> how do i upright the buggy with all the ant lions around???

Zap it with the gravity gun. Quickly.

Use Gravity Gun to flip it back over.

Firewalker wrote:
> "Retired Mike" <framyr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>
>>how do i upright the buggy with all the ant lions around???
>

> Zap it with the gravity gun. Quickly.

Or you can just run behind the wood pilings until the NPCs kill off that
round of antlions, THEN flip the buggy over in safety.

"Retired Mike" <framyr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> how do i upright the buggy with all the ant lions around???

As I found my first run through the game, you get killed a LOT with ant
lions around. You first want to make sure your health and suit are up
to 100% if possible. Cause when you're dropped onto the sand, you will
be upside down. You also could select the (G) gravgun before getting in
the scout. Its just a bit quicker when you're on the sand. You (E) to
get out, then right it with a well aimed shot from the GG. Then get
back in and haul some ashes! usually straight to the nearest emergency
room :eek:\ ;)
McG.

>>Then get back in and haul some ashes! usually straight to the nearest
emergency
> room :eek:\ ;)
> McG.

Ant Lions! What a love/hate realtionship that was. First you hate them
when they are your enemy. Then you love them when they become your friends.
Then, while they are still your friends, you hate them again when they wont
get out of your way in tight places. Arrggghh.......!

Bob

"Polarhound" <Polarhound@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Firewalker wrote:
>> "Retired Mike" <framyr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> how do i upright the buggy with all the ant lions around???
>>

>> Zap it with the gravity gun. Quickly.
>>

> Or you can just run behind the wood pilings until the NPCs kill off
> that round of antlions, THEN flip the buggy over in safety.

LOL! I'll have to try that :) Glad somebody thought it!
McG.

"Polarhound" <Polarhound@comcast.net> wrote
> Or you can just run behind the wood pilings until the NPCs kill off that
> round of antlions, THEN flip the buggy over in safety.

I tried that way too. Thought it was great until 2 antlions got in there at
the same time. Little buggers, that they are.
--
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

"rjdriver" <rjdrivers@cox.net> wrote in

> Ant Lions! What a love/hate realtionship that was. First
> you hate them when they are your enemy. Then you love them
> when they become your friends. Then, while they are still
> your friends, you hate them again when they wont get out of
> your way in tight places. Arrggghh.......!
>

> Bob

Shoot them, they really don't seem to mind

"Lithurge" <bogorfspam@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> "rjdriver" <rjdrivers@cox.net> wrote in
>

>> Ant Lions! What a love/hate realtionship that was. First
>> you hate them when they are your enemy. Then you love them
>> when they become your friends. Then, while they are still
>> your friends, you hate them again when they wont get out of
>> your way in tight places. Arrggghh.......!
>>

>> Bob
>>
> Shoot them, they really don't seem to mind

yah, it's the breeding season, they just make more ;)
McG.

Lithurge wrote:

> "rjdriver" <rjdrivers@cox.net> wrote in
>

>>Ant Lions! What a love/hate realtionship that was. First
>>you hate them when they are your enemy. Then you love them
>>when they become your friends. Then, while they are still
>>your friends, you hate them again when they wont get out of
>>your way in tight places. Arrggghh.......!
>>

>>Bob
>>

> Shoot them, they really don't seem to mind

They are really simple-minded creatures. They live only to protect and
take commands from their boss, and kill everything threatening their
boss. When you have the bugbait they believe you are their boss. They
will protect you with their lives, and will not attack you even is you
kill or injure them.

--
Robert Aksland

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:17:52 +0100, Robert Aksland
<robert@nospam_aksland.no> wrote:

>They are really simple-minded creatures. They live only to protect and
>take commands from their boss, and kill everything threatening their
>boss. When you have the bugbait they believe you are their boss. They
>will protect you with their lives, and will not attack you even is you
>kill or injure them.

Can someone confirm that the bugbait doesn't actually *do* anything?
I.e. isn't it an entity command that tells the antlions whether or not
they're "friendly?"

I ask because if you cheat to obtain the bugbait in earlier levels,
the antlions still attack you, although they occasionally do "react"
to bugbait commands.

-D

"Robert Aksland" <robert@nospam_aksland.no> wrote in message
> Lithurge wrote:
>
>> "rjdriver" <rjdrivers@cox.net> wrote in
>>>Ant Lions! What a love/hate realtionship that was. First
>>>you hate them when they are your enemy. Then you love them
>>>when they become your friends. Then, while they are still
>>>your friends, you hate them again when they wont get out of
>>>your way in tight places. Arrggghh.......!
>>>
>>>Bob
>>>

>> Shoot them, they really don't seem to mind
>
> They are really simple-minded creatures. They live only to protect and
> take commands from their boss, and kill everything threatening their boss.
> When you have the bugbait they believe you are their boss. They will
> protect you with their lives, and will not attack you even is you kill or
> injure them.

They are one of the neatest additions to the game. I loved tossing bug-bait
at baddies and letting my army have at them. They could also serve as a
distraction so I could flank turret placements, etc.

David Firewater wrote:
> "Polarhound" <Polarhound@comcast.net> wrote
>
>>Or you can just run behind the wood pilings until the NPCs kill off that
>>round of antlions, THEN flip the buggy over in safety.
>

> I tried that way too. Thought it was great until 2 antlions got in there at
> the same time. Little buggers, that they are.

At least you don't have to try very hard to aim at them if they do!

Spindles in Beat Pops wrote:

>>They are really simple-minded creatures. They live only to protect and
>>take commands from their boss, and kill everything threatening their
>>boss. When you have the bugbait they believe you are their boss. They
>>will protect you with their lives, and will not attack you even is you
>>kill or injure them.
>

> Can someone confirm that the bugbait doesn't actually *do* anything?
> I.e. isn't it an entity command that tells the antlions whether or not
> they're "friendly?"
>
> I ask because if you cheat to obtain the bugbait in earlier levels,
> the antlions still attack you, although they occasionally do "react"
> to bugbait commands.

Yes, that would make sense.. The antlions you meet earlier in the game
have their allegeance hard-coded differently to the ones you control
later on.

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

Spindles in Beat Pops skrev:
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:17:52 +0100, Robert Aksland
> <robert@nospam_aksland.no> wrote:
>

>>They are really simple-minded creatures. They live only to protect and
>>take commands from their boss, and kill everything threatening their
>>boss. When you have the bugbait they believe you are their boss. They
>>will protect you with their lives, and will not attack you even is you
>>kill or injure them.
>

> Can someone confirm that the bugbait doesn't actually *do* anything?
> I.e. isn't it an entity command that tells the antlions whether or not
> they're "friendly?"
>
> I ask because if you cheat to obtain the bugbait in earlier levels,
> the antlions still attack you, although they occasionally do "react"
> to bugbait commands.

It's probably just a shortcut so that the game will be faster and
smaller. You are not supposed to get the bugbait earlier, so it makes
sense to hardcode the antlions hostile before that point and friendly
ever after. It probably saves some loading time too.

--
Robert Aksland

I will suggest that when you get the pod and they're friendly don't
bent over if you drop the soap in the shower...

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 01:42:16 +0100, Robert Aksland
<robert@nospam_aksland.no> wrote:

>Spindles in Beat Pops skrev:
>> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:17:52 +0100, Robert Aksland
>> <robert@nospam_aksland.no> wrote:
>>

>>>They are really simple-minded creatures. They live only to protect and
>>>take commands from their boss, and kill everything threatening their
>>>boss. When you have the bugbait they believe you are their boss. They
>>>will protect you with their lives, and will not attack you even is you
>>>kill or injure them.
>>

>> Can someone confirm that the bugbait doesn't actually *do* anything?
>> I.e. isn't it an entity command that tells the antlions whether or not
>> they're "friendly?"
>>
>> I ask because if you cheat to obtain the bugbait in earlier levels,
>> the antlions still attack you, although they occasionally do "react"
>> to bugbait commands.
>
>It's probably just a shortcut so that the game will be faster and
>smaller. You are not supposed to get the bugbait earlier, so it makes
>sense to hardcode the antlions hostile before that point and friendly
>ever after. It probably saves some loading time too.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive
and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in
the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"