ATI Catalyst 4.5 ATI Radeon 9000 card - wavy scrolling on ..

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • ATI
  • Catalyst
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 17, 2004 5:39:44 PM

Downloaded latest 05/12/04 Catalyst driver for ATI Radeon 9000 card
for my Windows 2000 PC.

I now notice screen is wavy when I scroll. In checking/unchecking
smooth scrolling in IE or desktop (right click) it still is wavy.

Also notice when I do a logoff/restart there is a shading of the
screen that moves from left to right before it restarts.

Anyway to eliminate this stuff?

Thanks
Joe

More about : ati catalyst ati radeon 9000 card wavy scrolling

Anonymous
May 17, 2004 7:43:48 PM

Boost your setting to 32bps and from 60Hz to 75hz if your monitor supports
it.

"Joe Donaldson" <tryitoz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Downloaded latest 05/12/04 Catalyst driver for ATI Radeon 9000 card
> for my Windows 2000 PC.
>
> I now notice screen is wavy when I scroll. In checking/unchecking
> smooth scrolling in IE or desktop (right click) it still is wavy.
>
> Also notice when I do a logoff/restart there is a shading of the
> screen that moves from left to right before it restarts.
>
> Anyway to eliminate this stuff?
>
> Thanks
> Joe
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 4:16:39 PM

I had done that before and tried a few other things. The solution I
believe was to go ahead and retest (a button) the setting for
SMARTGART, then reboot. That corrected it for me.
Thanks
Joe

!