Sapphire Radeon 9550

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 18, 2004 7:49:54 AM

I hadn't heard anything about this card until I looked at the Sapphire
website. Will its performance sit between the 9500 and 9600, or is it
another 9200SE trying to claim rank against a 9100?

Sapphire website: http://www.sapphiretech.com/
Sapphire Radeon 9550: http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9550.asp

More about : sapphire radeon 9550

May 18, 2004 8:54:47 AM

"Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message

> I hadn't heard anything about this card until I looked at the Sapphire
> website. Will its performance sit between the 9500 and 9600, or is it
> another 9200SE trying to claim rank against a 9100?

The 9550 is a downclocked 9600 with 128 bit memory paths, 250Mhz core and
200Mhz(400) memory. Kind of like a Radeon 8500LE or 9100 with slower memory
and DX9 compliance.There's also an "SE" 64bit version in the works. In other
words, it's a complete POS designed to compete with the equally shitty but
DX9 compliant FX5200 series. There's absolutely no need for this bottom
feeder card. The base 9600 is a DX9 card, 128bit, and has 75Mhz faster core
speeds and memory speed is the same in the non-pro version.
May 18, 2004 8:54:48 AM

"Augustus" <tiberius@weeik.com> wrote in message

> The 9550 is a downclocked 9600 with 128 bit memory paths, 250Mhz core and
> 200Mhz(400) memory. Kind of like a Radeon 8500LE or 9100 with slower
memory
> and DX9 compliance.There's also an "SE" 64bit version in the works. In
other
> words, it's a complete POS designed to compete with the equally shitty but
> DX9 compliant FX5200 series. There's absolutely no need for this bottom
> feeder card. The base 9600 is a DX9 card, 128bit, and has 75Mhz faster
core
> speeds and memory speed is the same in the non-pro version.

They are thorough about covering every price point though. No budget goes
unnoticed.
!