Sapphire Radeon 9550

I hadn't heard anything about this card until I looked at the Sapphire
website. Will its performance sit between the 9500 and 9600, or is it
another 9200SE trying to claim rank against a 9100?

Sapphire website: http://www.sapphiretech.com/
Sapphire Radeon 9550: http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9550.asp
2 answers Last reply
More about sapphire radeon 9550

    "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message

    > I hadn't heard anything about this card until I looked at the Sapphire
    > website. Will its performance sit between the 9500 and 9600, or is it
    > another 9200SE trying to claim rank against a 9100?

    The 9550 is a downclocked 9600 with 128 bit memory paths, 250Mhz core and
    200Mhz(400) memory. Kind of like a Radeon 8500LE or 9100 with slower memory
    and DX9 compliance.There's also an "SE" 64bit version in the works. In other
    words, it's a complete POS designed to compete with the equally shitty but
    DX9 compliant FX5200 series. There's absolutely no need for this bottom
    feeder card. The base 9600 is a DX9 card, 128bit, and has 75Mhz faster core
    speeds and memory speed is the same in the non-pro version.

    "Augustus" <tiberius@weeik.com> wrote in message

    > The 9550 is a downclocked 9600 with 128 bit memory paths, 250Mhz core and
    > 200Mhz(400) memory. Kind of like a Radeon 8500LE or 9100 with slower
    memory
    > and DX9 compliance.There's also an "SE" 64bit version in the works. In
    other
    > words, it's a complete POS designed to compete with the equally shitty but
    > DX9 compliant FX5200 series. There's absolutely no need for this bottom
    > feeder card. The base 9600 is a DX9 card, 128bit, and has 75Mhz faster
    core
    > speeds and memory speed is the same in the non-pro version.

    They are thorough about covering every price point though. No budget goes
    unnoticed.

Radeon Sapphire Graphics