kerplunkuk

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2003

I want to put some video footage onto my PC. I have a 9800 Pro. What is
the best software hardware configuration, running XP.
Thanks

--
Victoria Concordia Crescit

first off you'd need a video capture device (unless you're streaming it off
the net or whatever) ... does your 9800 card have video in?

"KerplunKuK" <kerplunk@greenday.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> I want to put some video footage onto my PC. I have a 9800 Pro. What is
> the best software hardware configuration, running XP.
> Thanks
>
> --
> Victoria Concordia Crescit

peter

It really depends on the video Footage.If its coming from an Analogue Camcorder
you will need a capture card.There are a lot of good ones on the market from
Hauppauge to LifeView.Do a search and a little research on the type of card you
need or want.Most cards come with the software for what you are trying to do.
If its coming from a digital Camcorder either USB2.0 or Firewire is the way to
go...no capture card needed.
and XP has MovieMaker which can capture as well as edit the footage.
peter