Temporary Admin Access

I have a all systems on a domain (running FBSD for server) with users having
local 'power user' rights. When I need to install applications that affect
system files, on the Win2000 computers, I get a window requesting to supply
the username and password of an admin user to continue with the install. This
works perfect, exactly what I want, but on the WinXP computers I do not get
this option. It tells me I have no admin rights and I have to compleely log
off the power user and log in as admin in order to complete the required
task.
Is there a way to enable this feature on XP?
1 answer Last reply
More about temporary admin access

    1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
    2. In the Search box type: ADMINISTRATOR , and hit enter.
    3. Click on the task titled: "Start a program as an administrator".

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Peter Edmonds" wrote:

    | I have a all systems on a domain (running FBSD for server) with users having
    | local 'power user' rights. When I need to install applications that affect
    | system files, on the Win2000 computers, I get a window requesting to supply
    | the username and password of an admin user to continue with the install. This
    | works perfect, exactly what I want, but on the WinXP computers I do not get
    | this option. It tells me I have no admin rights and I have to compleely log
    | off the power user and log in as admin in order to complete the required
    | task.
    | Is there a way to enable this feature on XP?

Windows XP