Temporary Admin Access

January 12, 2005 3:49:01 PM

I have a all systems on a domain (running FBSD for server) with users having
local 'power user' rights. When I need to install applications that affect
system files, on the Win2000 computers, I get a window requesting to supply
the username and password of an admin user to continue with the install. This
works perfect, exactly what I want, but on the WinXP computers I do not get
this option. It tells me I have no admin rights and I have to compleely log
off the power user and log in as admin in order to complete the required
task.
Is there a way to enable this feature on XP?

More about : temporary admin access

Anonymous
January 12, 2005 5:52:46 PM

1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
2. In the Search box type: ADMINISTRATOR , and hit enter.
3. Click on the task titled: "Start a program as an administrator".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!