admin and user locked out of winxp

remote user change from a domain name to a workgroup name. now, user and
administrator are both locked out of the logon. is there a process to bypass
logon to reset the network settings?
any help appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about admin user locked winxp

    Mike wrote:

    > remote user change from a domain name to a workgroup name. now, user and
    > administrator are both locked out of the logon. is there a process to bypass
    > logon to reset the network settings?
    > any help appreciated.
    Hi

    If you haven't tried that already, you could try to log on with the
    original Administrator user and see if a blank password lets you in:

    How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
    Password Expires
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305

    If that doesn't work out, you might try to reset the local
    Administrator password with one of the methods mentioned here:

    http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password

    http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Thank you very much. I used a password reset tool that was in your second
    link and it worked great. Again....Thank You.

    "Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" wrote:

    > Mike wrote:
    >
    > > remote user change from a domain name to a workgroup name. now, user and
    > > administrator are both locked out of the logon. is there a process to bypass
    > > logon to reset the network settings?
    > > any help appreciated.
    > Hi
    >
    > If you haven't tried that already, you could try to log on with the
    > original Administrator user and see if a blank password lets you in:
    >
    > How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
    > Password Expires
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305
    >

    > If that doesn't work out, you might try to reset the local
    > Administrator password with one of the methods mentioned here:
    >
    > http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password
    >
    > http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

    > the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Security Microsoft Domain Name Windows XP