Half Life 2...question

burn0u7

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2004
Is Half Life 2 going to work the same way as Half Life 1. I mean will it have the same mods? Like if I get Half Life 2 will I be able to DL TFC 2 and CS 2 for free life in HL 1? Just wondering.

RobD

Champion
Counter Strike: Condition Zero will be released as a game in it's own right. Mind, it's already been delayed by nearly 2 years.

<font color=blue>"Look, I know it's old-fashioned, but I'm from the school that believes if God intended us to fly, he wouldn't have invented Spanish air traffic control" - Dave Lister</font color=blue>

RobD

Champion
I never said it was. Valve realised the popularity of CS, and the fact that so many people were buying HL purely to get CS, so decied the next version will be launched under it's own name.

Half Life 2 will ship on it's own.

<font color=blue>"Look, I know it's old-fashioned, but I'm from the school that believes if God intended us to fly, he wouldn't have invented Spanish air traffic control" - Dave Lister</font color=blue>

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
I would assume that, as HL2 will be moddable then CS etc will be ported over.

You will run into probs of course because half of CS's popularity and other hl1 mods is that they will run on just about any pc making it good for all those young kids unable to afford decent pc's. Any change to the HL2 engine will wipe alot of players (although I still see HL1 mods carry on with popularity.

Also HL2 engine has different physics etc... a finely balanced game like CS will play entirely differently when/if ported... hardcore CS gamers might stick with the HL1 version. who knows. can't say I've seen any rumours about the current mods being ported but surely its only a matter of time?

"I'm the dog from the advert. Would you like to stroke my coat?"

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
That would interesting to play, Counter-Strike 2, I think it has a "ring" to it.

My Rig:
AthlonXP 2000+ 1.677ghz
GeForce Verto FX5200 128mb DDR
Maxtor 7200RPM 80GB, Stock 40gb
Kingston 384MB DDR
Cendyne 52x24x52 CD-RW
Lite-On 4x DVD-RW
Go EMachines...:(