Norton 360 3.0 or Kaspersky Antivirus 2010? Which would you recommend?

jimmiekain

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
my version of kaspersky expired today... im gonna install win 7 today run it as a limited user and use Microsoft security essentials its free and it works great. I'm runing it on my laptop... but if your not an advanced user I would go with kaspersky or spy sweeper w/ anti virus or nod 32 they all work great!

BadKharmaCDN

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
neither ..... norton always has and still is a resource HOG! , as for kaspersky i have run it on win7 beta and rc1 ... but i was NOT impressed at all (also slow and chunky with resources). i'd suggest AVG or Avast

AVG is starting (actually has already started) following in Symantec's footsteps from back in 2004/2005 at the height of resource usage issues which plagued their consumer products for years. I'm still not sure why they didn't use the same approach as their corporate products which were much better about their resource footprint. They would have kept a lot of customers doing that, but i'm glad Symantec has learned. It's just too bad that Grisoft is going to have to do the same.