XP Pro logging into NT 4 Domain - Trust releationship is b..

I set up 12 XP Pro boxes on a "dummy" NT4 Domain based on my current domain
which was in use at the time in a different location.- then I moved the true
server to the new office and logged into it with the new XP Pro boxes.
Everything seems to work fine but the NT box's error log is overflowing with
complaints about the "trust releationship". I have set up Outlook,
favorites, etc on each XP box and I do not want to have t create or rebuild
each PCs profile again. Is there a simple way to get the NT box to recognise
these XPs as legitimate?
2 answers Last reply
More about logging domain trust releationship

    Are you sure it is the Workstations causing this error? Could you post the
    details of the exact error?

    Trust relationships are set up between domains not workstations so did you
    have this NT4 box setup with a trust relationship to another domain that is
    no longer online?

    BB

    "Marshalk" <Marshalk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I set up 12 XP Pro boxes on a "dummy" NT4 Domain based on my current domain
    > which was in use at the time in a different location.- then I moved the
    > true
    > server to the new office and logged into it with the new XP Pro boxes.
    > Everything seems to work fine but the NT box's error log is overflowing
    > with
    > complaints about the "trust releationship". I have set up Outlook,
    > favorites, etc on each XP box and I do not want to have t create or
    > rebuild
    > each PCs profile again. Is there a simple way to get the NT box to
    > recognise
    > these XPs as legitimate?

    Event ID: 5513
    "The computer WORK1 tried to connect to the server BEST_CS using the trust
    relationship established by the BEST_FL domain. However, the computer lost
    the correct security identifier (SID) when the domain was reconfigured.
    Reestablish the trust relationship. "

    "Bigbruva" wrote:

    > Are you sure it is the Workstations causing this error? Could you post the
    > details of the exact error?
    >
    > Trust relationships are set up between domains not workstations so did you
    > have this NT4 box setup with a trust relationship to another domain that is
    > no longer online?
    >
    > BB
    >
    > "Marshalk" <Marshalk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I set up 12 XP Pro boxes on a "dummy" NT4 Domain based on my current domain
    > > which was in use at the time in a different location.- then I moved the
    > > true
    > > server to the new office and logged into it with the new XP Pro boxes.
    > > Everything seems to work fine but the NT box's error log is overflowing
    > > with
    > > complaints about the "trust releationship". I have set up Outlook,
    > > favorites, etc on each XP box and I do not want to have t create or
    > > rebuild
    > > each PCs profile again. Is there a simple way to get the NT box to
    > > recognise
    > > these XPs as legitimate?

Domain Windows XP