Master CD's

I cant get my PB Imedia 4600 to start up. Plus i dont have my master CD's or
my Red diskette.....

any1 know a way of getting hold of a set of cd's quckly? i.e. a website i
can download them off?
5 answers Last reply
More about master
  1. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    try bootdisk.com
  2. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    Bootdisk.com is a great site
    It will has many different ones
    They are all great

    Unfortunately it will not install an OS
    unless you have a CD
    In the case of PB you must know the command line
    and/or the floppy may need the restore executional
    if appropriate

    The gentleman says it will not start
    That has many meanings
    Will not start windows?
    Will not boot?
    Or other?

    If it does boot and not to windows how far
    Can you get to a C prompt and see what
    is there (The boot disk is wonderful for this)
    among other things

    If you do see what is there
    Let me know if any files are intact

    What does it say or do when you boot?

    "IMDEW2" <imdew2@aol.com> wrote in message
    > try bootdisk.com

  3. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    I don't know of any place to download off the net, other than perhaps a PB
    support site, if any are still up. Hopefully someone can enlighten us
    both.
    If nothing else, may I recommend E-Bay? I know offhand of one E-Bay store
    that always seems to have a lot of the old utility/master CD's for sale at
    a very reasonable price. Even if they are not listed right now, just
    about everything comes up on E-Bay eventually :)

    Jaan
  4. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    "Hrtzaak" <hrtzaak@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I don't know of any place to download off the net, other than perhaps a PB
    > support site, if any are still up. Hopefully someone can enlighten us
    > both.
    > If nothing else, may I recommend E-Bay? I know offhand of one E-Bay store
    > that always seems to have a lot of the old utility/master CD's for sale at
    > a very reasonable price. Even if they are not listed right now, just
    > about everything comes up on E-Bay eventually :)
    >
    > Jaan

    I put a group of PB Master CDs up on eBay recently. eBay - at the
    insistence of Microsoft - PULLED my ads. Yep they did. I guess Microsoft
    now scans eBay auctions looking for pirated software being sold. In the
    process, they gather in restore CDs and the like because they are being sold
    without computers - in violation of Microsoft's supposed licensing agreement
    with the OEM of the CDs in question. My point is that no, these CDs are NOT
    going to be a common sight on eBay much longer. If you see something you
    can use on eBay, e-mail the seller right away so there's some point of
    contact before the auction is pulled. I was certainly glad that buyers
    contacted me with questions before my auctions were pulled.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell (More info?)

    The Master CD must contain
    a piece of the equipment from the Unit
    that is came with per Ebay Rules and
    Copyright Laws

    Chances are that someone reported you
    and that is how Ebay noticed

    I have sold Master CD's from my repository
    where I have more than one
    I use all proceeds to to build units for certian
    groups of people
    Currently I build from donated scrap and other
    sources units for STRUGGLING COLLEGE STUDENTS

    The last unit was for a National Guardsman

    In any case
    I ramble

    The PB Master CD's that I have sold only fetched
    a few dollars
    They have to be shipped with tracking to abide
    by PayPal rules for their warranty
    These are not profitable sells

    THESE ARE
    I have sold Windows 98 OEM FULL INSTALL
    and they sold for about 25 dollars plus

    A piece of the equipment was sold with the CD

    I had the same problem as Ebay took my
    items off until learned the rules

    The 175710 I sold only etched 3 dollars plus
    shipping

    The Microsoft Works Smalll Business edition
    fetched 35 dollars

    Windows 98 Upgrade CD about 25 dollars

    I acquire computers that are broken through friends
    and contacts and they often come with the software

    I still cost me over 300 dollars out of my pocket
    to build systems after selling on Ebay

    If I can ever help you sell on Ebay
    let me know
    I am alsways here to help

    "Bob Kos" <see@text.for.eddress> wrote in message

    > "Hrtzaak" <hrtzaak@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > I don't know of any place to download off the net, other than perhaps a
    PB
    > > support site, if any are still up. Hopefully someone can enlighten us
    > > both.
    > > If nothing else, may I recommend E-Bay? I know offhand of one E-Bay
    store
    > > that always seems to have a lot of the old utility/master CD's for sale
    at
    > > a very reasonable price. Even if they are not listed right now, just
    > > about everything comes up on E-Bay eventually :)
    > >
    > > Jaan
    > >

    > I put a group of PB Master CDs up on eBay recently. eBay - at the
    > insistence of Microsoft - PULLED my ads. Yep they did. I guess Microsoft
    > now scans eBay auctions looking for pirated software being sold. In the
    > process, they gather in restore CDs and the like because they are being
    sold
    > without computers - in violation of Microsoft's supposed licensing
    agreement
    > with the OEM of the CDs in question. My point is that no, these CDs are
    NOT
    > going to be a common sight on eBay much longer. If you see something you
    > can use on eBay, e-mail the seller right away so there's some point of
    > contact before the auction is pulled. I was certainly glad that buyers
    > contacted me with questions before my auctions were pulled.

Packard Bell Download Imedia CD-Rom Computers Product