binary date file

Can someone please put me out my misery before i throw this pc out the window?
Using wimdows XP, and AVG free version for anti virus. Every time i go to
update it, I keep getting told that this file cannot be opened, something to
do with binary data file. This cannot be downloaded as it is part of a
file.....
Really dont know how to rectify this
thanks helen

Uninstall AGV, then download and install the latest version (7.300).
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"helen9765" wrote:

| Can someone please put me out my misery before i throw this pc out the window?
| Using wimdows XP, and AVG free version for anti virus. Every time i go to
| update it, I keep getting told that this file cannot be opened, something to
| do with binary data file. This cannot be downloaded as it is part of a
| file.....
| Really dont know how to rectify this
| thanks helen

Helen

Carey, Thanks for that, but i already tried that a4 times with no success.....
helen

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Uninstall AGV, then download and install the latest version (7.300).
> http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "helen9765" wrote:
>
> | Can someone please put me out my misery before i throw this pc out the window?
> | Using wimdows XP, and AVG free version for anti virus. Every time i go to
> | update it, I keep getting told that this file cannot be opened, something to
> | do with binary data file. This cannot be downloaded as it is part of a
> | file.....
> | Really dont know how to rectify this
> | thanks helen

Your best bet is to heave it out the window.

"helen9765" <helen9765@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone please put me out my misery before i throw this pc out the
> window?
> Using wimdows XP, and AVG free version for anti virus. Every time i go to
> update it, I keep getting told that this file cannot be opened, something
> do with binary data file. This cannot be downloaded as it is part of a
> file.....
> Really dont know how to rectify this
> thanks helen

Helen

thanlk you.....i did just that....then re-formatted the pc...all problems
solved....
thanks again helen