I currently have my PC set with an Admin account and a general users account.
I would like to install a keylogger program which monitors use of websites
and chatrooms etc.
I have in the past installed a couple of freeware programs for trial but
these were also accessabile to anyone using the general user account and
hence defeated the purpose.
I would therefore appreciate if anyone can recommend a good keylogger program
(freeware or otherwise) which as well as monitoring use of the general user
account can be configured to remain hidden on that account and is only
accessible to the administrator.

Your help / advice is appreciated - Eos

This is a Windows XP security newsgroup. We don't suggest
methods of defeating security or endorse the use of key loggers.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Eos" wrote:

| I currently have my PC set with an Admin account and a general users account.
| I would like to install a keylogger program which monitors use of websites
| and chatrooms etc.
| I have in the past installed a couple of freeware programs for trial but
| these were also accessabile to anyone using the general user account and
| hence defeated the purpose.
| I would therefore appreciate if anyone can recommend a good keylogger program
| (freeware or otherwise) which as well as monitoring use of the general user
| account can be configured to remain hidden on that account and is only
| accessible to the administrator.
|
| Your help / advice is appreciated - Eos

I used a program called iopus starr commander a few years ago it seemed to do
a good job and even saved someone not get fired when a lady tried to claim
sexual harrassment! Think they have farmed it out to www.actmon.com not sure
if its worth a damn now.

"Eos" wrote:

> I currently have my PC set with an Admin account and a general users account.
> I would like to install a keylogger program which monitors use of websites
> and chatrooms etc.
> I have in the past installed a couple of freeware programs for trial but
> these were also accessabile to anyone using the general user account and
> hence defeated the purpose.
> I would therefore appreciate if anyone can recommend a good keylogger program
> (freeware or otherwise) which as well as monitoring use of the general user
> account can be configured to remain hidden on that account and is only
> accessible to the administrator.
>
> Your help / advice is appreciated - Eos

Tim

> I used a program called iopus starr commander a few years ago it
seemed to do
> a good job and even saved someone not get fired when a lady tried to
claim
> sexual harrassment! Think they have farmed it out to www.actmon.com
not sure
> if its worth a damn now.

We recently upgraded to "ActMon Computer Monitoring" and are using it
on our network. We are very happy with its performance. The new
rotating log files are great, as everything runs now with zero
maintenance. We always have the last 30 days of activity stored.

The included keylogger is probably the best on the market, it even logs
the XP/2003 login passwords, including foreign characters like "Ä".

But we actually decided not use the keylogger part of the monitoring
software for security reasons: Even so the logfiles are AES encrypted,
it is still a problem to have the passwords recorded at all.

Tim