powercolor 9800 pro.

lee

Hi I have a Powercolor 9800 pro and am using ATITool to see how far this
graphics card can be pushed i checked for max core and it got to about
410mhz and started failing with errors and backing down, how is the best way
to use ATITool? am i doing everything right or is there a better way? One
odd thing is that ATITool has detected my memory as 337mhz when i thought it
should be default of 325mhz=650ddr but i did read a review kicking about on
net where they got a Powercolor 9800 pro with a default memory of 340mhz
instead of 325mhz.

How far has anyone pushed this card? i know from reviews i read its not a
great overclocker but wanna see how far it will go.

cheers.
-----
Lee.

On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:01:09 GMT, Lee
<leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi I have a Powercolor 9800 pro and am using ATITool to see how far this
>graphics card can be pushed i checked for max core and it got to about
>410mhz and started failing with errors and backing down, how is the best way
>to use ATITool? am i doing everything right or is there a better way? One
>odd thing is that ATITool has detected my memory as 337mhz when i thought it
>should be default of 325mhz=650ddr but i did read a review kicking about on
>net where they got a Powercolor 9800 pro with a default memory of 340mhz
>instead of 325mhz.
>
>How far has anyone pushed this card? i know from reviews i read its not a
>great overclocker but wanna see how far it will go.

438/364 for me with an Arctic cooler but I suppose that I could go
higher.
--

Julian Richards
computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

XP Home
L7S7A2 motherboard
Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
1 GB RAM
10 GB + 80 GB HDs
CD+DVD/CDRW drives

lee

I have an artic vga silencer rev 3 with as3 on it, currently the memory
seems to be running stable at 362mhz which i am quite pleased about cause
the memory chips are only 2.8ns which i believe should max out at about
360mhz now i just gotta see how far the core will go anywhere between
400-410 and i will be happy i have a barton 2500+ clocked to a 3200+
(400ddr) running stable so it should be good.

On Thu, 20 May 2004 23:42:26 +0100, Julian Richards <see@sig.co.uk> wrote:

>:>On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:01:09 GMT, Lee
>:><leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>:>
>:>>Hi I have a Powercolor 9800 pro and am using ATITool to see how far this
>:>>graphics card can be pushed i checked for max core and it got to about
>:>>410mhz and started failing with errors and backing down, how is the best way
>:>>to use ATITool? am i doing everything right or is there a better way? One
>:>>odd thing is that ATITool has detected my memory as 337mhz when i thought it
>:>>should be default of 325mhz=650ddr but i did read a review kicking about on
>:>>net where they got a Powercolor 9800 pro with a default memory of 340mhz
>:>>instead of 325mhz.
>:>>
>:>>How far has anyone pushed this card? i know from reviews i read its not a
>:>>great overclocker but wanna see how far it will go.
>:>
>:>
>:>438/364 for me with an Arctic cooler but I suppose that I could go
>:>higher.

-----
Lee.

Lee wrote:
> Hi I have a Powercolor 9800 pro and am using ATITool to see how far
> this graphics card can be pushed i checked for max core and it got to
> about 410mhz and started failing with errors and backing down, how is
> the best way to use ATITool? am i doing everything right or is there
> a better way? One odd thing is that ATITool has detected my memory as
> 337mhz when i thought it should be default of 325mhz=650ddr but i did
> read a review kicking about on net where they got a Powercolor 9800
> pro with a default memory of 340mhz instead of 325mhz.
>
> How far has anyone pushed this card? i know from reviews i read its
> not a great overclocker but wanna see how far it will go.
>
> cheers.
> -----
> Lee.

325 seems low. I am not a guru on Ati cards. I've only had one for a
couple of months. Been with Nvidia for years but my GeCube 9800PRO is stock
standard at 400/350. Reading what it is *surposed* to be should be 380/340.
I have overclocked it to 410/385 but decided it wasn't really worth it. I
was told the 9800pro could *easily* do 9800XT speeds which is 412/365 but
even at 410/385 it doesn't perform any better than at 400/350. I put this
down to my 266FSB being a bottleneck.