ATI doesn't have a HDTV Wonder

Time has come and gone. ATI never make HDTV Wonder a reality.
It's just a hoax they put out on their website. Anyone who's
still anticipating should look at other manufacturer products.
Digital Connection makes several.

http://www.digitalconnection.com/

On Thu, 20 May 2004 18:29:12 -0700, dial <dial@aol.com> wrote:

>Time has come and gone. ATI never make HDTV Wonder a reality.
>It's just a hoax they put out on their website. Anyone who's
>still anticipating should look at other manufacturer products.
>Digital Connection makes several.
>
> http://www.digitalconnection.com/

They we're going to make the card, but instead they found the best
deals were to license the same technologies to tv makers to include
the decoders in their sets.

"Spike Lee is a turd"
-Wink Martindale

I never intend to buy another ATI card that has video input capabilities
anyways as it's proved to be too much of a screw around.

"dial" <dial@aol.com> wrote in message
> Time has come and gone. ATI never make HDTV Wonder a reality.
> It's just a hoax they put out on their website. Anyone who's
> still anticipating should look at other manufacturer products.
> Digital Connection makes several.
>
> http://www.digitalconnection.com/

Why is that, PJP?
Why don't you like ATI's video in function?

Wink Martindale wrote:

> On Thu, 20 May 2004 18:29:12 -0700, dial <dial@aol.com> wrote:
>
>>Time has come and gone. ATI never make HDTV Wonder a reality.
>>It's just a hoax they put out on their website. Anyone who's
>>still anticipating should look at other manufacturer products.
>>Digital Connection makes several.
>>
>> http://www.digitalconnection.com/
>
> They we're going to make the card, but instead they found the best
> deals were to license the same technologies to tv makers to include
> the decoders in their sets.

Then why do they still list the product on their Web site?

I think you're thinking of some ancient history, not the HDTV Wonder board
that was announced earlier this year and that is supposed to be available
in the "spring"?

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

dial wrote:

> Time has come and gone.

It has? Where and when did ATI announce a ship date and what was that date?
The closest I've ever seen them come is "spring", which doesn't end until
June 20.

> ATI never make HDTV Wonder a reality.
> It's just a hoax they put out on their website. Anyone who's
> still anticipating should look at other manufacturer products.
> Digital Connection makes several.
>
> http://www.digitalconnection.com/

No, they do not "make several". They sell several that are made by other
companies.