DVI, VGA, does it make a big difference?

I am interested in AIW 9600 pro, but it does NOT have a DVI output, it has
only analog VGA connectors, does it matter?
Will DVI produce a noticeable better image than VGA?
4 answers Last reply
More about make difference

    It does on my LCD. It has both inputs as does my 9800 Pro. I tried it both ways, and found the DVI much better.

    Steve
    OldManCompute

    "I discuss" <lleaf-delete.this-@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Knfrc.41509$qJ5.1048783@news20.bellglobal.com...
    > I am interested in AIW 9600 pro, but it does NOT have a DVI output, it has
    > only analog VGA connectors, does it matter?
    > Will DVI produce a noticeable better image than VGA?

    How much better?
    Could you be a little bit more specific?

    "Steve Colburn" <coldayDEL@MEgci.net> wrote in message
    > It does on my LCD. It has both inputs as does my 9800 Pro. I tried it
    both ways, and found the DVI much better.

    > Steve
    > OldManCompute
    >
    > "I discuss" <lleaf-delete.this-@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I am interested in AIW 9600 pro, but it does NOT have a DVI output, it
    has
    > > only analog VGA connectors, does it matter?
    > > Will DVI produce a noticeable better image than VGA?

    Now there is a tough thing to explain! Lets put it this way, I would NOT buy a card that did not have DVI output, nor would I buy a
    monitor (LCD) that did not have DVI input.

    YMMV

    Steve
    OldManCompute

    "I discuss" <lleaf-delete.this-@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zJlrc.83056$325.1811141@news20.bellglobal.com...
    > How much better?
    > Could you be a little bit more specific?
    >
    > "Steve Colburn" <coldayDEL@MEgci.net> wrote in message
    > > It does on my LCD. It has both inputs as does my 9800 Pro. I tried it
    > both ways, and found the DVI much better.
    > >
    > > Steve
    > > OldManCompute
    > >
    > > "I discuss" <lleaf-delete.this-@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > I am interested in AIW 9600 pro, but it does NOT have a DVI output, it
    > has
    > > > only analog VGA connectors, does it matter?
    > > > Will DVI produce a noticeable better image than VGA?

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 00:15:33 -0400, "I discuss"
    <lleaf-delete.this-@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I am interested in AIW 9600 pro, but it does NOT have a DVI output, it has
    >only analog VGA connectors, does it matter?
    >Will DVI produce a noticeable better image than VGA?

    The DVI becomes important on 18" and bigger LCD displays - the bigger,
    the more ya need it.

    I hooked a 24" Samsung to two computers with same video cards (The
    goal config)... the screen looked sweet on the VGA.... but once you
    switch to the DVI port .... W O W ! ! !

    SOme 17" have DVI ports, any GOOD 19" display will have it.

    - - - - -
    Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

    - 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
    - White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
    God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

Radeon DVI VGA ATI Graphics