Last response: in Wireless Networking
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 7, 2004 3:06:04 PM

Is there a way to disable the pop-up that occurs on the taskbar when a wireless network is detected (or for that matter, when it updates status on signal strength, etc.)? I find this to be a very annoying feature.

Irish

More about : disabling wireless network pop

May 8, 2004 1:41:02 PM

Click on the icon in the taskbar and select properties, you should be able to uncheck the 'Show icon in notification area when connected' box.

----- Irish Fan wrote: -----

Is there a way to disable the pop-up that occurs on the taskbar when a wireless network is detected (or for that matter, when it updates status on signal strength, etc.)? I find this to be a very annoying feature.

Irish
July 27, 2004 2:03:12 PM

I have the same problem and did what you suggested and the notification still appearing every 5-10 minutes. I just cannot get rid of it.