Set DCOM remote or policy

Tags:
  • Policy
  • Windows XP
January 13, 2005 3:51:04 PM

HI
I need to be able and change the settnigs for SMSAgent in DCom config for
local system account. My intention is to run a Advertised Program with the
machine logon script. I haven´t found anything about dcom settings remote or
thru an policy.

I running on XP sp2 in native 2003 domain

More about : set dcom remote policy

Anonymous
January 14, 2005 1:31:34 AM

Bosse Göransson,SWE wrote:

> HI
> I need to be able and change the settnigs for SMSAgent in DCom config for
> local system account. My intention is to run a Advertised Program with the
> machine logon script. I haven´t found anything about dcom settings remote or
> thru an policy.
>
> I running on XP sp2 in native 2003 domain
Hi

If you have used a Windows XP SP2 computer to administer the Group
Policy settings in the domain, the adm files should automatically
have been updated.

Group Policy Template Behavior in Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316977

Recommendations for managing Group Policy administrative
template (.adm) files
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816662

A discussion about it here:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.wi...

See here on how Jeff updated the Default Domain Policy templates when
they would not do it automatically:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.wi...

You can also download the latest .adm files from here:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=31057

If you install the WinXP SP2 .adm files on the domain controller, but
you don't use WinXP SP2 to edit the GPO settings, you may you get the
message below, install the hotfix that is available in the KB article
in the link below to solve this.

"The following entry in the [strings] section is too long and has
been truncated" error message when you try to modify or to view GPOs
in Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Professional, or Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=842933

Also, or a complete list of Group Policy options for the WinXP SP2, see
WF_XPSP2.doc "Deploying Windows Firewall Settings for Microsoft
Windows XP with Service Pack 2":
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
January 14, 2005 1:45:01 AM

Bosse Göransson,SWE wrote:

> HI
> I need to be able and change the settnigs for SMSAgent in DCom config for
> local system account. My intention is to run a Advertised Program with the
> machine logon script. I haven´t found anything about dcom settings remote or
> thru an policy.
>
> I running on XP sp2 in native 2003 domain
Hi

Sorry for the first post, it was meant for another poster.

I'll try again:

Searching for "dcom" in the file PolicySettings.xls (under
the System.adm tab) available at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...
comes up with several new SP2 policies that migt apply to you.