Well, back to console for me...

I haven't played PC games for a while but when HL2 finally arrived I bought
it and to my surprise it ran pretty well on my PC. Then what is the
problem?

1. What is up with all the loading? The game loads every five-ten minutes
of gameplay!!
2. What is up with all the bugs and crashes?? My game crashed every
six-seven sections and I had to go back to windows and restrart the game.
3. Who at Valve thought they knew how to put vehicles in their game? This
is the most pathetic attempt I have seen in a very long time!!
4. Who at Valve thought they knew how to program AI? My teammates jumped at
the first gun they saw and died tragically every time. That is when they
didn't stand in my way!!!
5. And lastly, what is up with the unbreakable DVD? My DVD didn't break
when i tried to break it, it just folded neatly!!

I know this game has recieved a lot of great reviews, but it just didn't
convince me to return to PC gaming.

My rating:
Graphics: 9
High resolution, but basically just flat polygon walls with texture on them.
Pop-in, crates and stuff would just pop in to screen 5 meters in front of
you.
Where are my legs and arms? Crates and other small stuff just floats in
thin air, spooky.
Sound: 10
Perfection. Nuff said.
Presentation: 8
Cumbersome Steam, I didn't get any choice or explanation. I didn't even get
a manual.
Long load times between sections.
Hangs and crashes prevented full immersion in the game
Gameplay: 7
Great physical puzzles.
Good enemy AI
Bad team AI
Pathetic vehicle control.
Total: 8,5

Back to my Xbox for some quality FPS... :-)
Flame on

Egil Kristiansen
9 answers Last reply
More about well back console

    Egil Kristiansen wrote:

    > Back to my Xbox for some quality FPS... :-)
    > Flame on

    That comment had me in stitches, hilarious.

    Why didn't you just wait for the Demo and try that before you buy it? That
    way you'll know what it's like before forking out any money.

    On 12/30/2004 7:47 PM Egil Kristiansen brightened our day with:

    >5. And lastly, what is up with the unbreakable DVD? My DVD didn't break
    >when i tried to break it, it just folded neatly!!

    What are you, nuts?

    --
    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com

    Egil Kristiansen wrote:

    > Back to my Xbox for some quality FPS... :-)
    > Flame on
    >
    > Egil Kristiansen

    I hope that means that's the last we'll hear from you...

    "Egil Kristiansen" wrote

    >I haven't played PC games for a while but when HL2 finally arrived I bought
    > it and to my surprise it ran pretty well on my PC. Then what is the
    > problem?
    >
    > 1. What is up with all the loading? The game loads every five-ten minutes
    > of gameplay!!

    Many console games does that as well
    It's when you change levels on a challenged PC

    > 2. What is up with all the bugs and crashes?? My game crashed every
    > six-seven sections and I had to go back to windows and restrart the game.

    My best gues is that you have a challenged PC and/or OS
    Hard to say

    > 3. Who at Valve thought they knew how to put vehicles in their game? This
    > is the most pathetic attempt I have seen in a very long time!!

    Better than Halo - imho

    > 4. Who at Valve thought they knew how to program AI? My teammates jumped
    > at
    > the first gun they saw and died tragically every time. That is when they
    > didn't stand in my way!!!

    Can't comment on this as I haven't come to this part yet

    > 5. And lastly, what is up with the unbreakable DVD? My DVD didn't break
    > when i tried to break it, it just folded neatly!!

    Nice isn't it?

    > I know this game has recieved a lot of great reviews, but it just didn't
    > convince me to return to PC gaming.
    >
    > My rating:
    > Graphics: 9
    > High resolution, but basically just flat polygon walls with texture on
    > them.
    > Pop-in, crates and stuff would just pop in to screen 5 meters in front of
    > you.

    Ahh you're running dx7 or dx6 then?

    > Where are my legs and arms? Crates and other small stuff just floats in
    > thin air, spooky.

    Annoys me as well

    > Long load times between sections.
    > Hangs and crashes prevented full immersion in the game

    Get a decent PC

    - Peter

    LymanAlpha wrote:
    > On 12/30/2004 7:47 PM Egil Kristiansen brightened our day with:
    >
    >> 5. And lastly, what is up with the unbreakable DVD? My DVD didn't break
    >> when i tried to break it, it just folded neatly!!
    >>

    > What are you, nuts?

    I think with that comment we have to assume his post is just a joke.

    Because then he wouldn't have anything to piss and moan about. Funny he
    never mentioned the terrific computer he's trying to run the game on.

    Jim

    Egil Kristiansen wrote:
    > 3. Who at Valve thought they knew how to put vehicles in their game? This
    > is the most pathetic attempt I have seen in a very long time!!

    Hey at least you found the vehicles.. some people managed to get halfway
    through Water Hazard before asking the question "WTF is an airboat" :)

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 04:47:58 +0100, "Egil Kristiansen"
    <egilkr@broadpark.no> wrote:

    >I haven't played PC games for a while but when HL2 finally arrived I bought
    >it and to my surprise it ran pretty well on my PC. Then what is the
    >problem?
    >Garbage snipped
    Don't feed the troll! plonk

    -