faster card ?

9600xt 256mb or 9800pro 128mb/256mb ?

im finding it difficult to find comparisons

thanks

melodium wrote:
> 9600xt 256mb or 9800pro 128mb/256mb ?
>
> im finding it difficult to find comparisons

The 9800 Pro, easily and in all cases.

Ben

ATI Product Comparison pagw
http://apps.ati.com/ATIcompare/

melodium wrote:

> 9600xt 256mb or 9800pro 128mb/256mb ?
>
> im finding it difficult to find comparisons
>
> thanks

mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002

agreed
having spent hours trawling around the net for comparisons (both around the
same price) i've just recieved my hercules 9800 pro. a damn fine card. £143
in uk from www.overclockers.com
even makes ut2004 run smoothly with all details set to max

On Sat, 22 May 2004 18:02:18 +0800, "melodium" <sat@day.com> wrote:

>9600xt 256mb or 9800pro 128mb/256mb ?
>
>im finding it difficult to find comparisons

X800Pro ships on June 04. CompUSA is taking pre-orders now.
Its $400 and about twice as fast.

So either get the $180~220 9800Pro or wait for the X800...

Only a fool would spend $350~500 on a 9800XT or 5950 card.

"mick" <zzebedee@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> agreed
> having spent hours trawling around the net for comparisons (both around
the
> same price) i've just recieved my hercules 9800 pro. a damn fine card.
£143
> in uk from www.overclockers.com
> even makes ut2004 run smoothly with all details set to max

hmm my powercolor (yikes) 9600xt makes ut2004 do the
same thing - maxed out 1280x960, smooth as...

just, i came home last night and discovered the fan
on the damn thing had stopped and it overheated and
died. oops.