Logon Screen - Mystery Program Running

WinXP Home w/SP2 installed - fast user switching enabled and used lots - one
limited user account lists "1 program running" on the Logon Screen - has
only three programs ever run within it - all access to internet via https: -
I cannot find any program running.

Tried KB articles search, but got nowhere.

Can anyone help me either:
a) identify what is "running" (like the sound of water running when you Know
it shouldn't be)
b) fix what ever is wrong with logon screen because nothing is in fact
running

WinXP-SP2 & all fixes, NAV2004, SpyBot, SpywareBlaster, MS AntiSpyware
Beta1; scans say clean.

Help is appreciated with my thanks in advance.

I am experiencing a similat problem as is Cycloid Torus.

Juan, I followed your suggestion but do not know what to look for among the
long list of files.

This problem started three or four days after I installed MS AntiSpyware.
Could there be a co-relation?

Douglas

"Juan" wrote:

> In Start\Run\type; msconfig\enter\start tab\ any start up program known
> or unknown should show up here with a check mark, uncheck it if you need to
> disable it and run updated spyware programs to delete it.
> Also look in Start\Run\regedit.msc\enter
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurentVersion\Run and
> HKEY_CURRENT\USER\same route. Programs that make up the antivirus and
> MsOffice
> are seen here and are the same as in msconfig, any other program specially
> if unknown,
> should be considered malicious.
>
> hope this helps.

Malke

aavishkar wrote:

> I am experiencing a similat problem as is Cycloid Torus.

Damn it, I just answered your first post. Now you've posted again, 2
minutes later. Do not make a new post about the same subject without
waiting at least 24 hours. Keep all posts about the same subject in one
thread.

The reason you are having such posting difficulties is because you are
using the web interface to this newsgroup, which is awful. Learn to use
a newsreader. Here is information to help you with that:

Since you are using the web interface, you may not realize that this is
really a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you
learn to use a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows,
but you can use Outlook Express since you already have it. Here are
some links to information about newsgroups:

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
explanation of newsgroups
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto/default.asp
- Set Up Newsreader

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
working properly
http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
crossposting