Search Assistant Trojan Vulnerbility

I have detected a spyware trace called Trojan Downloader Delf version 1 in my
temprorary internet files everytime i use the internet Explorer 6 Search
Assistant

Webroot Spysweeper detected it and quaranteened it /removed it but reappears
everytime i use the search assisstant. Safe mode sweeps do not stop it.

Only Webroot Spysweeper 3.5 detects this trace.

Anyone else have this happen?

I have an HP Pavillion with Home XP SP 2

False signiture? Or should i worry?

I have managed a TEMPORARY workaround the Trojan Downloader Delf Spywaree
Trace described in the other ticket and briefly mentioned above

By changing my internet search properties from Search Assistant to Search
Companion I am no longer getting the Trojan Downloader DELF version 1 trace
in my temporary internet file. I want to make it clear that I consider this
only a TEMPORARY SOLUTION.

If I DO USE SEARCH ASSISSTANT. THE TRACE APPEARS 100% of the time.
Spysweeper can remove the trace , but not what caused it, EVEN in SAFE MODE.
Other computers in my home Network also show this trace. Adaware, spybot,
panda, norton , mcaffee, spysubtract, sysclean, Hijack This and even the new
Software Beta from Microsoft do not detect this threat in either Normal or
Safe mode.

I need to determine if either :

1. This is a false trace

2. There is a hidden bug with unknown properties somewhere where a standard
or even safe mode scan can't reach it

3. The Trojan is being pulled from the internet evertime I use the Search
Assisstant by some malicious code that invisably is redirecting my browser

4. The online search services such a MSN or Overture may themselves be
infected in some way

Myt computer is a HP Pavillian 430n with an Athlon XP processor, 512 MB RAM,
Home XP 2 SP 2, it is bundled with imaging software from HP as well as
something called overture

I have Norton Antivirus, Webroot Spysweeper, Spybot permanently installed
Norton and Webroot are always runing