Does "Sapphire 9600 XT Ulimate" come with ZM80A-HP or ZM80..

Mike

Splendid

Hi,

Does anyone have the "9600 XT Ultimate" and can tell me if it comes with
the Zalman ZM80A-HP or ZM80C-HP model installed? Isn't it so that only
the C model allows you to install the Zalman ZM-OP1 fan for extra
cooling (I want to have this option in case the card would get too hot
without fan)?! Why doesn't the A model allow this?!

Also, is it true that the ZM80C-HP is larger then the ZM80A-HP. Will the
ZM80C-HP fit onto the 9600 XT Ultimate if this card would come with the
A model and you would need to replace it with the C model so you can
install the optional ZM-OP1 fan for extra cooling?

Thanks in advance for the info!!

Mike.

Ove got a ZM80C-HP on my 9600 Pro, but i had to put it their :)

The question i you asked i dont know the answer does it not show on
the Saphire website ? or tell you ?

Mike wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have the "9600 XT Ultimate" and can tell me if it comes with
> the Zalman ZM80A-HP or ZM80C-HP model installed? Isn't it so that only
> the C model allows you to install the Zalman ZM-OP1 fan for extra
> cooling (I want to have this option in case the card would get too hot
> without fan)?! Why doesn't the A model allow this?!
>
> Also, is it true that the ZM80C-HP is larger then the ZM80A-HP. Will the
> ZM80C-HP fit onto the 9600 XT Ultimate if this card would come with the
> A model and you would need to replace it with the C model so you can
> install the optional ZM-OP1 fan for extra cooling?
>
> Thanks in advance for the info!!

The heat sink on the 9600 XT Ultimate does not appear to be made by
Zalman--if it is then it's a custom design not listed in their catalog. It
is _not_ the ZM80A or ZM80C--it's closer to the ZM-50 but not identical to
that either.

The ZM-OP1 mounts on a groove in the top of the extrusion on the ZM80C-HP.
I don't know if that groove is present on the A.

In any case, either the A or the C should handle a 9600 fine without the
fan--if you want to use one of those with a 9600XT then don't bother with
the Ultimate, go with a cheaper model with active cooling and put the
difference toward the heat sink.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)