USB Security

a b 8 Security
January 15, 2005 9:37:05 AM

does anyone know of a way to disable the ability to install new USB devices
in windows xp (pro) without disabling the plug and play service?, We need to
stop users installing USB storage devices and key loggers however the new
computers we are using have no PS2 ports so the keyboard and mouse are USB so
i can't disable the ports.

More about : usb security

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
January 15, 2005 11:40:39 AM

See the following:

HOW TO: Disable the Use of USB Storage Devices in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823732

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP