USB Security

does anyone know of a way to disable the ability to install new USB devices
in windows xp (pro) without disabling the plug and play service?, We need to
stop users installing USB storage devices and key loggers however the new
computers we are using have no PS2 ports so the keyboard and mouse are USB so
i can't disable the ports.
1 answer Last reply
More about security

    See the following:

    HOW TO: Disable the Use of USB Storage Devices in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823732

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Simon Gent" wrote:

    | does anyone know of a way to disable the ability to install new USB devices
    | in windows xp (pro) without disabling the plug and play service?, We need to
    | stop users installing USB storage devices and key loggers however the new
    | computers we are using have no PS2 ports so the keyboard and mouse are USB so
    | i can't disable the ports.

Security USB Devices Windows XP